• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G70 Canada

Dxun

Alberta
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not sure if there is a similar thread already (didn't find it) - I have just noticed 2020 Genesis models available . Seems like a larger gamut of exterior/interior colours and - interestingly, only one trim level form 3.3T (this is in Canada). After speaking with a Genesis rep, they told me another trim level should also land - it would be called Prestige and will cost around 2500 CAD more than the current 3.3T Dynamic but will have most of the tech missing in current lower-spec trim (such as 360 camera and HUD) but sans LSD and staggered 19 inch wheels. The missing model should be available online for order in a few weeks, I was told.

Curious if anyone else might share some extra info.

EDIT:
- LED virtual cockpit won't be available yet
- boot is now powered (not sure if there is a motion detection sensor available)

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That was quick. I bet a lot of buyers didn't want to pay 52k for a 2.0T Prestige when the 3.3t Dynamic was also 52k.
Anyway it makes sense to have a 3.3t Prestige.
3.3t Sports went up $500 it seems!

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here are all the changes for 2020.

2.0T Advanced AWD ($42,000)
+ New metallic silver 18" wheel finish

2.0T Sport RWD 6MT ($45,500)
No changes

2.0T Elite AWD ($47,000)

2.0T Prestige AWD ($52,000)
+ Power trunk lid w/ proximity activation
+ 19" Michelin MXM4 all-season tires (replace previous Pilot Sport 4 summer tire)

3.3T Dynamic AWD ($52,000)
Trim level eliminated

3.3T Prestige AWD ($56,000)
NEW TRIM LEVEL - Includes all 2.0T Prestige equipment, plus:
- 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6
- Brembo brakes
- Variable Gear Ratio (VGR) steering
- Dual exhaust outlets

3.3T Sport AWD ($58,000 > +$500 vs. 2019)

The only line above that may be a bit of a surprise for many of the forum is the new 18" wheel finish. While I personally really like the previous dark grey finish on the 18" wheels, it doesn't match the bright chrome on the non-Sport cars very well. As such, a new metallic silver wheel finish has been selected to better match the car's brightwork. The 19" Prestige and 19" Sport wheels carry over unchanged.

Both Prestige models were a couple of months behind in production and will appear on the website some time in May or June.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for the info, Patrick! So I wasn't going crazy when I saw Korean Instagram photos and the 18" wheels seemed brighter than usual. I always thought the 18" wheels should match the chrome trim. Do you have any pictures by chance?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

No changes

2.0T Elite AWD ($47,000)

+ 19" Michelin MXM4 all-season tires (replace previous Pilot Sport 4 summer tire)

Trim level eliminated

- 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6
- Brembo brakes
- Dual exhaust outlets

The only line above that may be a bit of a surprise for many of the forum is the new 18" wheel finish. While I personally really like the previous dark grey finish on the 18" wheels, it doesn't match the bright chrome on the non-Sport cars very well. As such, a new metallic silver wheel finish has been selected to better match the car's brightwork. The 19" Prestige and 19" Sport wheels carry over unchanged.

Both Prestige models were a couple of months behind in production and will appear on the website some time in May or June.
So the new Prestige doesn't have staggered wheel combos anymore even with the 19" wheels?
Also does the 3.3t Prestige have Adaptive Suspension?

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the info, Patrick! So I wasn't going crazy when I saw Korean Instagram photos and the 18" wheels seemed brighter than usual. I always thought the 18" wheels should match the chrome trim. Do you have any pictures by chance?
Nothing I can share - will see what I can get my hands on.

So the new Prestige doesn't have staggered wheel combos anymore even with the 19" wheels?
Also does the 3.3t Prestige have Adaptive Suspension?
Yes, it has the staggered setup, just with all-season tires. It does not have adaptive dampers.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

No changes

2.0T Elite AWD ($47,000)

Trim level eliminated

- 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6
- Brembo brakes
- Dual exhaust outlets

It is interesting to hear that the dynamic 3.3 was axed. What was the take rate like? I would have thought it was one of the more popular trims.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Interesting. Nothing worth it in comparison to purchasing a 2019 down in the US. Perhaps NA will get the 3D cluster in a refresh?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 2020 Prestige 3.3T trim looks the same as the 2019 Dynamic 3.3T trim, no? Did I miss something? If I didn't, then it just looks like Genesis realized they were charging too little for the Dynamic?

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting. Nothing worth it in comparison to purchasing a 2019 down in the US. Perhaps NA will get the 3D cluster in a refresh?
Seems like it, I think I still prefer the mixed gauge cluster in the current models.
The 2020 Prestige 3.3T trim looks the same as the 2019 Dynamic 3.3T trim, no? Did I miss something? If I didn't, then it just looks like Genesis realized they were charging too little for the Dynamic?
The main difference is that the dynamic was based off the elite, but the new prestige is based of the prestige trim with the smaller motor.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out.
It is really confusing to compare the trim names of the US with Canada. In the US, we have correlating trim for each engine. Do the trim names not get confusing in Canada? I find it hard to follow.

Edit: I took a look at the configurator at the US website. It gets weirder. My father is a salesman at a Hyundai/Genesis Dealership down in Palm Springs and they have trims for the 2.0T not listed online. From what I understood from him, each model is supposed to have an Advanced, Elite, Prestige, and Sport. Advanced is base and Sport for 2.0T is a manual. The 2.0T also has a Dynamic trim to match the Sport trim of the 3.3T.

It seems Genesis themselves cannot keep track of all the trims and differences between regions... or my father is wrong haha.

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I thought I heard the digital gauge may not make it to the US because the 3D feature was controversial for safety.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought I heard the digital gauge may not make it to the US because the 3D feature was controversial for safety.
The 3D feature can be turned off. The K900 and new G90 doesn't have 3D eye tracking on.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is really confusing to compare the trim names of the US with Canada. In the US, we have correlating trim for each engine. Do the trim names not get confusing in Canada? I find it hard to follow.

Edit: I took a look at the configurator at the US website. It gets weirder. My father is a salesman at a Hyundai/Genesis Dealership down in Palm Springs and they have trims for the 2.0T not listed online. From what I understood from him, each model is supposed to have an Advanced, Elite, Prestige, and Sport. Advanced is base and Sport for 2.0T is a manual. The 2.0T also has a Dynamic trim to match the Sport trim of the 3.3T.

It seems Genesis themselves cannot keep track of all the trims and differences between regions... or my father is wrong haha.
I have found the opposite. I feel like some of the mix and matching that happens in the US can be confusing. Where as in Canada, you have Advance 2.0T, Sport 2.0T Manual, Elite 2.0T, Prestige 2.0T/3.3T, and Sport 3.3T, and then you don't have any issues with having an advance and sport and all that

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would love to have the auto close trunk on my 2.0t Prestige but don't know if I would be willing to give up my PS4 for all seasons!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have found the opposite. I feel like some of the mix and matching that happens in the US can be confusing. Where as in Canada, you have Advance 2.0T, Sport 2.0T Manual, Elite 2.0T, Prestige 2.0T/3.3T, and Sport 3.3T, and then you don't have any issues with having an advance and sport and all that
Now that you put it that way, I fully agree. There are indeed too many tiers for each engine in the US.

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is interesting to hear that the dynamic 3.3 was axed. What was the take rate like? I would have thought it was one of the more popular trims.
The Dynamic was the lowest-selling of the four core trims (i.e. excluding 2.0T Advanced and 2.0T Sport 6MT). The top seller by far is the 3.3T Sport, but many customers expressed that they wished they could have a fully-loaded 3.3T with the coloured leather and 19" machine-finished wheels. The 3.3T Prestige fills this void.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
great info, as usual. don't think i've seen a 2.0T Advanced yet. i see either 2.0T Elite/Prestige or 3.3T Sports around Vancity.

the changes make sense, and it's nice to see no major content change which would've been annoying. like if Genesis added dual exhaust outlets or vented seats to the CAD 6MT, ha ha (i know that's not major...)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
great info, as usual. don't think i've seen a 2.0T Advanced yet. i see either 2.0T Elite/Prestige or 3.3T Sports around Vancity.

the changes make sense, and it's nice to see no major content change which would've been annoying. like if Genesis added dual exhaust outlets or vented seats to the CAD 6MT, ha ha (i know that's not major...)
Or a whole new reskinned infotainment!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums