2020 G70 U.S. availability

8raiders8

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know approximately when 2020 model year G70s may become available for sale at U.S. dealers?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you know when the 2019's arrived? Someone posted last June/July but I also read Sept.
Genesis USA sold just 1 G70 in September/2019, 51 in October and 229 in December.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

rathvahan

SUSTAINING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Now that we are almost half way through summer do we have any updates on this topic?

8raiders8

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems like supplies of various models of 2019 g70's in the U.S. are running somewhat thin, so hopefully 2020's may become available soon. Does anyone know anything more definitive about the arrival of 2020's in the U.S.? Per at least one article, Genesis may have begun building them in May of 2019.

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
While we eagerly await the arrival of the 2020 G70 for the US, I can't help but wonder about any changes that could be rolled out in this 2nd model year. Typically one would not expect much for a 2nd year model, but keeping in mind that in Korea the 2020 G70 will be their 3rd model year, there could be more changes for the US model than we might have thought.

For example, the 2019 Korean G70 (2nd model year) included the digital dash cluster. Surprising that such a change would be introduced so soon after introduction. So was the digital dash a half baked idea that just never made it into the first model year production? Or has Genesis been working hard to compete with others (Audi, MB, etc) in the class so it got introduced early?

Most on this board seem to feel that only the power trunk will be added to the 2020 US model and no other changes; not sure why that is... But it just doesn't make sense to me that Genesis would have this digital dash already designed and not retrofit it to the new US release. Another bit of speculation might suggest that they've worked on a replacement for the aging lower line Hyundai infotainment system that was used in the G70. Lastly, maybe they'll add another exterior and/or interior color?

It stands to reason that any 2020 news will surely be kept under tight security until the time is right. Any hint of changes that people may want to wait for might just cannibalize or seriously slow down the sales of the last 2019 cars sitting on the lots.

This thread seems like a good place to discuss these things until we know more about the 2020. My guess is that Genesis will release news on the new model by the end of August or early September. What other things do you think might be changed for the new year?

rathvahan

SUSTAINING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
As much as I wish that we got the Digital Instrument Cluster for the 2020 G70 I tend to agree that we will probably not get it (Hyundai could have introduced the same for Canada but didn't). One of the reason I can think of is that they want to keep prices reasonable and will probably include it later when the cost for the cluster comes down.

Since most of us are speculating / dreaming / wishing. Here is my wish list for 2020:
  1. Lighter colored (grey / beige) interior with sport package.
  2. Better looking and 19 inch wheels for AWD (Prestige and Lower Packages)
  3. Better looking 19 inch wheels for Sport Package.
Till now my favorite wheels are the 19 inch offered with RWD (non sport) but I cannot get them with AWD or sport package.

P.S. I also wish for a better dealership experience but that is not a model year thing 😜

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As much as I wish that we got the Digital Instrument Cluster for the 2020 G70 I tend to agree that we will probably not get it (Hyundai could have introduced the same for Canada but didn't). One of the reason I can think of is that they want to keep prices reasonable and will probably include it later when the cost for the cluster comes down.

Since most of us are speculating / dreaming / wishing. Here is my wish list for 2020:
  1. Lighter colored (grey / beige) interior with sport package.
  2. Better looking and 19 inch wheels for AWD (Prestige and Lower Packages)
  3. Better looking 19 inch wheels for Sport Package.
Till now my favorite wheels are the 19 inch offered with RWD (non sport) but I cannot get them with AWD or sport package.

P.S. I also wish for a better dealership experience but that is not a model year thing 😜
I couldn't agree more with you. I would have chosen the Sport trim in a heartbeat if it would have clear interior and the 19" wheels, instead I chose the Prestige for those reasons. I decided to live without the Sport tuning suspension than having a black interior and the sport black wheels on a red car.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So that digital cluster is something that they really don't need to add to the car. Surprisingly enough, not many cars actually come with HD cameras the way we have em and that's because the technology in cars has historically trailed (in a significant way) consumer tech like phones, TV's, etc.

I suspect it is largely because people don't buy cars every year, so even tech that's 3-4 years old is a moderately large upgrade for most. Also, money