• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G80 delayed again

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
FYI - MalwareBytes gave me a warning when clicking on the above link (not the pic's) that it contains a trojan.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's not the North American 2020. That is the Korean 2020.
Our 2020 is the old body style and is already available at least in Canada for a few months.

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
We were at the Orlando Car Show yesterday and was able to pick up the new 2020 Genesis G80 brochure. They are bringing back the brown interior as an option. They also have a color close to Montecito Blue that I have. It’s called Adriatic Blue. It’s hard to tell from a brochure but it’s close. They also still have the 5.0 Ultimate which I’m a huge fan of. Still has the 420hp. Was hoping an upgrade but you can’t complain about the power as is.

Let me know if you want any information from this brochure and I’ll post it.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
We were at the Orlando Car Show yesterday and was able to pick up the new 2020 Genesis G80 brochure. They are bringing back the brown interior as an option. They also have a color close to Montecito Blue that I have. It’s called Adriatic Blue. It’s hard to tell from a brochure but it’s close. They also still have the 5.0 Ultimate which I’m a huge fan of. Still has the 420hp. Was hoping an upgrade but you can’t complain about the power as is.

Let me know if you want any information from this brochure and I’ll post it.
The G70 has Adriatic Blue. Do a Google search to compare both colors.

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for posting this information. From what I have read this 2020 model isn't the refreshed car that they have spy shots of and the 2021 model is rumored to be released summer of next year? My understanding is the 2020 G80 is going to be a short model year. Does anyone know when the 2020 model will be out and would it be best to wait for the 2021 model? I really wish I had more information on what the changes will be for the 2021 model. I assume we won't find out about that for many more months.

lt2211

Sustaining Member
Rockton, Illinois 61072
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for posting this information. From what I have read this 2020 model isn't the refreshed car that they have spy shots of and the 2021 model is rumored to be released summer of next year? My understanding is the 2020 G80 is going to be a short model year. Does anyone know when the 2020 model will be out and would it be best to wait for the 2021 model? I really wish I had more information on what the changes will be for the 2021 model. I assume we won't find out about that for many more months.
I had contact with my dealer and of course they won't commit to much, at this point but the sense I got from the conversation was that the 2020 Korean version likely will be the 2021 American version, possible release date late 2020.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I had contact with my dealer and of course they won't commit to much, at this point but the sense I got from the conversation was that the 2020 Korean version likely will be the 2021 American version, possible release date late 2020.
Precisely.

God0fMischief

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

lt2211

Sustaining Member
Rockton, Illinois 61072
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Canada might be a little different, but I bought a 2020 G80 sport a few weeks ago, arriving tomorrow. My experience manager told me that the most noticeable difference between it and the 2019 model is a lack of CD slot. Elsewhere I also read that the infotainment system is supposed to be updated. I'm also kind of hoping that it will add the "custom" drive setting that the G70s get, but I'm not optimistic.

My bill of sale definitely indicates it is a 2020. I am supposed to have it delivered tomorrow. I'll try and see if I can discern any other details, but I'm not expecting to find much!
Let us know. I am sure you will like the 2020.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums