2020 G90 Teased

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Could be nice. Although a more powerful V8 would definitely help get it on my future shopping list.

Selo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Ooh. Aaah. Nice headlights!
(Things like this are stupid imo)

Rawhide

Registered Member
New Hampshire
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
This styling update is critical. Cadillac just updated the CT6 for 2019 and it is a huge improvement over 2018 model. Also it will be available with a 550 hp supercharged v8 later on. I see this car as a direct competitor to the G90.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This styling update is critical. Cadillac just updated the CT6 for 2019 and it is a huge improvement over 2018 model. Also it will be available with a 550 hp supercharged v8 later on. I see this car as a direct competitor to the G90.
I cross shopped the CT6, drove a $80k version('18) as a loaner for several days. Had the 3.0TT and super cruise(coolest feature in a car ever!), but the Genny was a better driving car.
Just priced the 2019 CT6 equipt like the G80 sport awd. With super cruise the msrp was $75K.
The Genny is not just a great deal, It's an awesomely competitive quality car.

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I priced the top of the line 2019 CT6, only extra was carpeted floor mats, which are free with the G90. It was $87,500, when loaded with everything standard in the G90. Yes super cruise is great, but only setup for 30,000 miles of highway at this point. Massaging rear seats but not worth the extra money

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
11/27 of 2018?
It' will be on sale in Korea around that time.

As for the CT6, the G90 beats it when it comes to interior appointment (and supposedly, the facelifted G90 gets some upgrades).

But that's fine as the plan for the CT6 is for it to be Cadillac's midsegment sedan offering (competing against the new G80).

Cadillac's flagship will be the production version of the Escala (which may end up being offered only as a BEV, but nothing confirmed).

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This guy did a sketch based on what he saw from a no video/photo, closed-door showing of the G90. He has a lot of in-depth videos on the G70 so he's pretty legit:

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Here are still images of the front and rear.

Some thing at the front would like to tweak, but overall, a more striking design w/ elements that set it apart (esp. the rear light design).

Among the changes to the interior - fewer buttons.

MyCorvette

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
The tail lights look very strange, does not fit G90's style and silhouette.

It reminds me of the 2nd-gen Acura Legend, which prints the model name in large letters on the trunk cover.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
The one thing everyone agreed should have been left off the KIA K900 was the phony front fender vents.
Designer for KIA must have moved to Genesis.
I hate phony vents. Might be ok if they are turn signals, but don't look right

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
The tail lights look very strange, does not fit G90's style and silhouette.

It reminds me of the 2nd-gen Acura Legend, which prints the model name in large letters on the trunk cover.

Actually like it as it gives a more modern and sleek look.

But agree that may not fit w/ the current G90's old school silhouette (depends on how it is done).

That style should be more befitting the next gen G90 which likely will be getting a sleeker profile (the sketch gives the G90 a sleeker silhouette than it actually has, which is why it looks pretty good).

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.