• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G90 (USA)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally we have an official link...including official build...

Build it...

Looks like the 5.0 has standard items that are not available on the 3.3T...shame.

Also...no option to change the wheels on either the 3.3T or the 5.0 :(

Last edited:

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Finally we have an official link...including official build...

[/URL]

Build it...

[/URL]

Looks like the 5.0 has standard items that are not available on the 3.3T...shame.

Also...no option to change the wheels on either the 3.3T or the 5.0 :(
The sales brochure shows both are available. Pretty sure my GM said both were options when he ordered ours.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I was going by what is offered on the online configurator. Also just noticed that Canada only gets the 5.0

It states the 5.0 as...

Includes 3.3T Premium plus:

- Engine: 5.0L V8
- Rear-seat entertainment system with dual 10.3-inch HD monitors
- 14-way power right rear seat and 12-way power left rear seat
- Ventilated rear seats
- Integrated Memory System for rear outboard seats
- Rear-seat illuminated vanity mirrors

Last edited:

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man, I'm sorry but maybe when I'm in my senior years I'll like it. To me, it just looks like an old school, '90s luxury barge. Nothing about it says cutting edge or dynamic. It looks like it would blend into a parking lot full of old Buicks.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

16UltV6Guy

It's his fault!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jax, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The sales brochure shows both are available. Pretty sure my GM said both were options when he ordered ours.
Ah...I see what you mean. Two wheel options in the brochure. Both are 19"...this car really needs 20" wheels.

Wonder why the configurator does not show the wheel option.

nwhit

Hasn't posted much yet...
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Having seen it at 2 different auto shows, I can say that in person it is a stunner! And it received a lot of attention and positive response at both shows. That said, it is a “big” car meant as a luxury cruiser. Nothing sport about it. It is also designed in some configurations for people with a driver, of which there are a lot in this metro area. I would also say that it will do well in the huge ”black car” business in this part of the country.

Personally, I like my G-80 size better for me, just like my previous BMW 5-Series cars. But in person, it is hard to not appreciate how stunning the new G90 is and how much positive attention it draws. At the LA Auto Show for example, it drew as much attention as the Audis and Caddies right next to it.

Not for everybody, nor will everyone appreciate the design cues. But that’s what auto design is about. If it doesn’t ”offend” anyone, it won’t attract many people either. Good design has to make a statement and stand out from the crowd. And it should not appeal to everyone.

16UltV6Guy

It's his fault!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jax, FL
Genesis Model Type
Most people probably won't even notice it, but would have been smarter to reset it to zero.
Huh? Why would zero mpg have been smarter than 3.7 mpg!? Seems like that would've been one of the 37 choices that is worse than what they chose.

They could've set it to any figure they wanted. Why not have it read out the stickered mpg? Or have it display some other info instead.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

XBOHDPuKC

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I think it might have been running the engine on idle while photo shooting and 3.7 got nothing to do with driving. But who knows.
But ya'll is right, it's all about appearances, however, I don't think many outside of this forum will ever notice that minuscules detail, especially amongst the buyers in this segment.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums