2020 G90

Thread starter #1
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I currently own the 2018 g90 Ultimate. After over 30 years of Mercedes & BMW ownership, I can say that I really enjoy this car. After the EQUUS, the G90 is a different world. After I saw the video of the 2020 G90 I am again impressed. I love the video display with the blind spot system. I love that fact that the Infotainment display is all touch and the ambient lighting controls have been moved there. I love the safe assist and the back-up guidance lamps. And the high beam assist.

To that end I love the front grille, the RIMS and the rear styling. Also the quad light cluster for the headlamps. A VERY MASCULINE CAR!!
Even though my vehicle is only 8 months old, I will plan to purchase the 2020 G90 ultimate, God willing. I hope that all of the features shown are inclusive for the American market. I know the owner of my Genesis Dealership and I will ask questions when I see him now that this video seems to make it official.

I love everything about this car, the soft close doors, heads-up display, all LED & bending head lights, interior styling, IQ phone charger etc, etc. and the fact that the price tag is about 1/2 of the S Class of which I have owned 2, along with several E classes, several MLs, a GL, sprinkle in a few coupes....a CL 500 & a 300D coupe well you get the picture. The latter also ages me.

My wife still drives a MB and my sister was looking at a 2019 CLS450, approx. 79K stripped. She has crossed that off of her list after a test drive. I loved it when we pulled up to a MB dealership. There was no place to park, so I parked upfront in front of the show room main entrance. Customer's had to walk right past my vehicle. Needless to say I got looks from the sales staff. Not nice looks, but the kind that make your hair stand up on the back of your neck. I thought about moving the car after a parking space became available, but decided not too.

Looking forward to test driving the 2020 G90 Ultimate and ultimately purchasing one, no pun intended. I also like the new Bentley Continental, perhaps one day. But for now the G90 has my full attention, and my pocketbook. Keep up the good work and make the other brands stop and give pause.

Coop

Attachments

glennk

Been here awhile...
Dallas, TX
I doubt that anyone who owns a Bentley cares about fuel economy. When you spend that much for a vehicle the last thing on your mind is how much it costs to fill the tank. ;)
Guess my point is, they truly are a fashion accessory. They don't do anything particularly well. I think an Audi S8 (platform for the Bentley Flying Spur) would be a much better choice.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I doubt that anyone who owns a Bentley cares about fuel economy. When you spend that much for a vehicle the last thing on your mind is how much it costs to fill the tank. ;)
You would be surprised. I know several wealthy people that drive things like Bentley’s and other $200k plus vehicles like Rolls Royce’s, Lambo’s, AMG SL-65, Aston Martins, and even a guy with a Maybach, and they all bitch about gas prices and cheap out on things like tires and brake jobs.

g_600721

I know a few doctors, one of which had a Bentley. He described how nimble the car was, in spite of it’s weight. Not much on hi tech but they are getting there. I get the window dressing part, but I still like the car.

But for now the G90 has what I need and desire. Hopefully they will keep the product fresh and relevant for today’s market. I think it is priced extremely aggressively for what you get. Don’t know if they are taking a loss on the car, but I suspect not. The numbers for NA are only a few thousand (G90) but that was a 2016/2017 number. The G80 sold 3 times as much over the G90 if memory serves correctly. 10.5k vs 2.8k

By keeping the price tag as it is, the vehicle is within reach of many buyers who cannot afford or simply will not pay $100k+ for a car. The G90 as you all well know gives all the bells and whistles, premium materials and decent looks for a lot less.

Hopefully the new SUV will bring awareness to the brand and cause others to take a closer look.

Coop.

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Coop — happy to read someone in similar circumstances. Just got my 2018 G90 Ultimate back in the summer. Such a great car. Really like the 2020 too. Will be a hard decision to “trade up” or just enjoy what I have for a long, long time.

rover

Hasn't posted much yet...
I currently own the 2018 g90 Ultimate. After over 30 years of Mercedes & BMW ownership, I can say that I really enjoy this car. After the EQUUS, the G90 is a different world. After I saw the video of the 2020 G90 I am again impressed. I love the video display with the blind spot system. I love that fact that the Infotainment display is all touch and the ambient lighting controls have been moved there. I love the safe assist and the back-up guidance lamps. And the high beam assist.

To that end I love the front grille, the RIMS and the rear styling. Also the quad light cluster for the headlamps. A VERY MASCULINE CAR!!
Even though my vehicle is only 8 months old, I will plan to purchase the 2020 G90 ultimate, God willing. I hope that all of the features shown are inclusive for the American market. I know the owner of my Genesis Dealership and I will ask questions when I see him now that this video seems to make it official.

I love everything about this car, the soft close doors, heads-up display, all LED & bending head lights, interior styling, IQ phone charger etc, etc. and the fact that the price tag is about 1/2 of the S Class of which I have owned 2, along with several E classes, several MLs, a GL, sprinkle in a few coupes....a CL 500 & a 300D coupe well you get the picture. The latter also ages me.

My wife still drives a MB and my sister was looking at a 2019 CLS450, approx. 79K stripped. She has crossed that off of her list after a test drive. I loved it when we pulled up to a MB dealership. There was no place to park, so I parked upfront in front of the show room main entrance. Customer's had to walk right past my vehicle. Needless to say I got looks from the sales staff. Not nice looks, but the kind that make your hair stand up on the back of your neck. I thought about moving the car after a parking space became available, but decided not too.

Looking forward to test driving the 2020 G90 Ultimate and ultimately purchasing one, no pun intended. I also like the new Bentley Continental, perhaps one day. But for now the G90 has my full attention, and my pocketbook. Keep up the good work and make the other brands stop and give pause.

Coop
I also own a 2018 G90 (Ultimate) and previously had a 2013 S Class Mercedes. How do you find the Genesis in terms of refinement compared to the Mercedes?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.