2020 Genesis g80 Vibration issue

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Purchased a 2020 Genesis G80 and am suffering with a vibration issue, tires have been road forced balanced and replaced Michelin primacy MXM4 245/45R18. Any suggestions? Anyone have this issue resolved? What works? Thank you Tomi

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Purchased a 2020 Genesis G80 and am suffering with a vibration issue, tires have been road forced balanced and replaced Michelin primacy MXM4 245/45R18. Any suggestions? Anyone have this issue resolved? What works? Thank you Tomi
RWD or AWD? Vibration at a particular speed? There were a couple of people with driveshaft issues so you may find some info with a search.

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
3.8 RWD, 30-80 MPH fastest I went. Vibration in seat and Wheel. Heavy at 70-80. What was done on drive shaft issues. Are the bulk of G80's Vibration free. Is mine a fluke or common problem?
Thanks TG

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
3.8 RWD, 30-80 MPH fastest I went. Vibration in seat and Wheel. Heavy at 70-80. What was done on drive shaft issues. Are the bulk of G80's Vibration free. Is mine a fluke or common problem?
Thanks TG
Not common at all. I had a 2015 and 2018. Close your eyes where you are sitting now. That is how smooth both of mine are.

Drive shaft and U joints should be checked out. Have you taken a ride with a service guy from the dealer?

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Once and then they replaced tires ( Flat Spots?). Again next week, hopefully will be fixed. TG

G-947165

Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25027mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issues a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.

Eric Gold

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25 to 27mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issue a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25 to 27mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issue a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.
Thank You TG

elp_jc

Registered Member
El Paso, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That's not good. May I ask if ALL G80s use the same transmission? And is there a VIN range where this issue is possible, or are ALL 2020 models potentially affected? With my luck, I'd easily be in that 20%. Ha ha. And I'd be getting out of a problematic vehicle to buy this one, so no way I'd do it if it's possible to have serious transmission issues. Thank you.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Seems odd it would only affect a percentage of the cars when they're all made the same way. Also, was there a tranny change in the 2020? I thought changes from 19 to 20 were minimal / cosmetic. I've got the 19 G80.

MT2018G80

Philly suburb
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a 2018 5.0 which has same issue but not all the time. Seems to only be at lower speeds and lower RPMs. Have others with 5.0 experienced it.

Ray M

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It may be flat spotting of the tires. After the car sits, even overnight, the tires have cap plires over the belts that are made out of nylon and they can have a low-level vibration until the tires warm up. about 5 miles.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have a 2018 5.0 which has same issue but not all the time. Seems to only be at lower speeds and lower RPMs. Have others with 5.0 experienced it.
All good with my 2015 5.0....

DavidG80

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

I am having the same problem with a G80 just purchased in Florida. Vibration starts at 45 mph and is just there all the way up. Dealer resurfaced the front brakes for some reason. Balanced the front tires. Still has the vibration. Back to the dealer where they balanced all tires with no improvement. Today they will replace the tires which are michelin. Let you know what happens. I am not hopefull.

DavidG80

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So the dealer in florida replaced the tires and then road force balanced them. The car was perfect. Evidently the car was on the lot for 6 months in hot florida and the tires had developed flat spots that would not go away with driving.
Great car. Quiet and smooth. I drove the car to Boston this week without any issues. The auto pilot steering (not sure what it is called) was a great feature on a long ride. Now if I could just find a way to work around the system so you dont need to squeeze the wheel every 15 seconds it would be perfect.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So the dealer in florida replaced the tires and then road force balanced them. The car was perfect. Evidently the car was on the lot for 6 months in hot florida and the tires had developed flat spots that would not go away with driving.
Great car. Quiet and smooth. I drove the car to Boston this week without any issues. The auto pilot steering (not sure what it is called) was a great feature on a long ride. Now if I could just find a way to work around the system so you dont need to squeeze the wheel every 15 seconds it would be perfect.
Try turning on the system with hands off the wheel.

micdonedee

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a Genesis G80 with the same problem. Vibration in seat and steering wheel, various speeds and seems to come and go. Had the car back to the dealer three times and they can't find anything wrong. I only have 2,00 plus miles on it. Plan to ask the dealer to get a factory professional in to have a look at it.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25027mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issues a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.
Folks, guess we may have all been a bit startled at the 25027 MPH! <G>
If you notice you've done something like this after you've sent the message, you still can fix the Oops! Just bring up the message, click on Edit at the bottom of the message, fix, save and all is done. I think only the message sender sees the "edit". This has saved ol Don more than once.

Last edited:

Jackmccrory

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I’m having the same problem with my 2020 G80. Back in Genesis again. Call has lessened thousand miles on it. Had the same issue with my 2017. I was told the problem was corrected or I never bought a 2020

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums