• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Genesis g80 Vibration issue

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Purchased a 2020 Genesis G80 and am suffering with a vibration issue, tires have been road forced balanced and replaced Michelin primacy MXM4 245/45R18. Any suggestions? Anyone have this issue resolved? What works? Thank you Tomi

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
3.8 RWD, 30-80 MPH fastest I went. Vibration in seat and Wheel. Heavy at 70-80. What was done on drive shaft issues. Are the bulk of G80's Vibration free. Is mine a fluke or common problem?
Thanks TG

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Once and then they replaced tires ( Flat Spots?). Again next week, hopefully will be fixed. TG

G-947165

Purchased a 2020 Genesis G80 and am suffering with a vibration issue, tires have been road forced balanced and replaced Michelin primacy MXM4 245/45R18. Any suggestions? Anyone have this issue resolved? What works? Thank you Tomi
Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25027mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issues a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.

Eric Gold

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25 to 27mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issue a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.

Tomigen

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tomi, I have 2020 Genesis G80. Developed a vibration at 25 to 27mph 2 weeks after purchase. My dealership has replicated the problem 3 times and determined it is in the torque converter, part of the transmission. Genesis does not yet have a fix. I registered a complaint with Genesis America customer care. They advise so far 20% of the vehicles have this problem and they are trying to figure out a fix to issue a TSB or recall. Meanwhile, they offered compensation or buy back. You should contact them and get a claim started.
Thank You TG

elp_jc

Registered Member
El Paso, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That's not good. May I ask if ALL G80s use the same transmission? And is there a VIN range where this issue is possible, or are ALL 2020 models potentially affected? With my luck, I'd easily be in that 20%. Ha ha. And I'd be getting out of a problematic vehicle to buy this one, so no way I'd do it if it's possible to have serious transmission issues. Thank you.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Seems odd it would only affect a percentage of the cars when they're all made the same way. Also, was there a tranny change in the 2020? I thought changes from 19 to 20 were minimal / cosmetic. I've got the 19 G80.

MT2018G80

Philly suburb
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have a 2018 5.0 which has same issue but not all the time. Seems to only be at lower speeds and lower RPMs. Have others with 5.0 experienced it.

Ray Mares

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It may be flat spotting of the tires. After the car sits, even overnight, the tires have cap plires over the belts that are made out of nylon and they can have a low-level vibration until the tires warm up. about 5 miles.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums