2020 Hyundai Sonata

jailer

Been here awhile...
I think they are going to lead the pack of Accord/Camry with this car... at least in terms of looks. Hopefully they get the dynamics down at least enough to compete with the Mazda6 and Accord. If they do.. they will take the entire group I think.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^Was thinking same. If that thing was RWD or AWD I'd be all over it. Really liking the upscale looking headlights.

Very well could be coming w/ available AWD; the new Optima is supposed to, so can't see why the Sonata wouldn't be as well, esp. since there's going to be a Sonata-N (not going to put all that power thru just the front wheels).

The top illuminated part is a chromic lighting unit which flows into the chrome trim along the hoodline.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
First look...

Like the interior/dash better than what's in the current G80, or for that matter, the G70.

Looks really good in the red, blue and yellow (white may be the worst color).

Portends well for the next gen G80's interior which should be a major step up.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I LOVED the pushbutton transmission in. My mom's 58 Edsel.

DWIL80

Hasn't posted much yet...
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Great video, love the new design. It looks closer to a lux sedan than an every day car that’s going to be competing with the Camry’s and Accords of the world. If it performs well while getting decent mpg, it should smash the competition for the daily commute buyers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Turbo version has a slightly different front end, and I think it looks better since it doesn't have that chrome strip.

Motor1 Article

The car looks great, especially for a FWD one. The proportions and silhouette are good, and the body lines are great. I LOVE the lower side sill that gives a sort of concave shape like Aston Martin cars; I wish more cars did that.

I wish the back didn't curve into the trunk lid like a hatch back. I prefer a curve into a flat trunk like the G70, so the side silhouette isn't just an egg with a front hood attached like the Accord. The back wheels look small on the car for some reason, even if they're 18-19".