2021 G90 OTA does not work.

9phil9

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Sure would like to know how you guys got the OTA to function. The Update now button on my G90 stays grayed out, so the OTA can not start.
Had to resort to downloading the 33 GB file onto my computer. I thought Genesis had this sorted out.
Or is there another switch buried somewhere in the software that needs to be flipped in order to enable this function.
Yes I am looking at the owners manual, and followed the instructions to the letter.

jda8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Sure would like to know how you guys got the OTA to function. The Update now button on my G90 stays grayed out, so the OTA can not start.
Had to resort to downloading the 33 GB file onto my computer. I thought Genesis had this sorted out.
Or is there another switch buried somewhere in the software that needs to be flipped in order to enable this function.
Yes I am looking at the owners manual, and followed the instructions to the letter.
Where were you when you did the over the air up? Were you at home? My 2021 G90 told me there was an over the air update twice, both times only when I pulled into my garage and shut off the car. I can’t explain it, or if it’s just a coincidence, but it’s like it knows it’s at home and will only update there. Did your over the air update not finish completely or something? What is the problem with it? Are you seeing some glitches or issues?

jkgenny

Hasn't posted much yet...
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My first one started downloading on a 1 hr trip. Then prompted me to install when I shut off the engine. The second was on a quick trip to the grocery store. I didn't do anything to initiate either one. You will see a gear icon with a blinking down arrow in the upper right of your screen when it is downloading. I noticed it on both OTAs. I snapped a pic of it.

Attachments

• 20210427_132640.jpg
    20210427_132640.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 12

9phil9

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
No. And No. I have not seen any notifications yet. Parking at home. There hasn't been any OTA on the car. And when I go through the instructions to do it manually, the Update button at the bottom of the page is grayed out.
Like I said, what am I doing wrong? Why does OTA work for some, but not for others? Is there some list I have to get on first, so they know I'm waiting for this feature to work? I don't know. Dealer doesn't know either.They tell me it's all supposed to be automatic. Hmmm....:unsure: Am I supposed to be paying EXTRA for this service maybe? The car is only 4 months old. (2021)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
No. And No. I have not seen any notifications yet. Parking at home. There hasn't been any OTA on the car. And when I go through the instructions to do it manually, the Update button at the bottom of the page is grayed out.
Like I said, what am I doing wrong? Why does OTA work for some, but not for others? Is there some list I have to get on first, so they know I'm waiting for this feature to work? I don't know. Dealer doesn't know either.They tell me it's all supposed to be automatic. Hmmm....:unsure: Am I supposed to be paying EXTRA for this service maybe? The car is only 4 months old. (2021)
Did you check to see that there is an update available for you? At four months you may be up to date.

9phil9

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Genesis website says that the update was for April 2021. Bought the car back in January. So because this update is a revision of the March update, which was flawed and had to be corrected, I'm figuring THIS update is for everyone who has a '21 G90. I know I could be wrong, but I didn't get a notification for the March update either. YET, as reported on this forum, some owners have gotten more than one notification and were able to update their system with OTA, not just once, but twice. Mine just doesn't work. And I find that troubling. It also makes me wonder what else ISN'T working, that I haven't discovered yet. That's a scary thought.

jda8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Genesis website says that the update was for April 2021. Bought the car back in January. So because this update is a revision of the March update, which was flawed and had to be corrected, I'm figuring THIS update is for everyone who has a '21 G90. I know I could be wrong, but I didn't get a notification for the March update either. YET, as reported on this forum, some owners have gotten more than one notification and were able to update their system with OTA, not just once, but twice. Mine just doesn't work. And I find that troubling. It also makes me wonder what else ISN'T working, that I haven't discovered yet. That's a scary thought.
That’s so odd. I wish I could help you. I got my 2021 G90 in January of this year, too. Your Genesis connected services subscription is active, correct?

9phil9

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
As far as I know the Genesis Connected Services is active. When I sign into my account, it says it's good until January of 2024.

9phil9

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
This might be the wrong place for this post, but here goes.
I finally got the update downloaded and installed.
And noticed right away a change. A change that can't be fixed.
Like the color of the map background. I hate the overly bright "Milk" background, so I changed it to Mocha.
Shut the car off. Went back 20 minutes later to start it again and guess what. It's back to white again. Hmmm.
Tried to change it again, carefully noting there was no "Save" button.
OK, maybe I selected the Mocha color incorrectly. NOPE.
Tried the other color (Can't remember what is was called). The car doesn't like that selection either.
Guess it's time to see the dealer again.

jda8

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
This might be the wrong place for this post, but here goes.
I finally got the update downloaded and installed.
And noticed right away a change. A change that can't be fixed.
Like the color of the map background. I hate the overly bright "Milk" background, so I changed it to Mocha.
Shut the car off. Went back 20 minutes later to start it again and guess what. It's back to white again. Hmmm.
Tried to change it again, carefully noting there was no "Save" button.
OK, maybe I selected the Mocha color incorrectly. NOPE.
Tried the other color (Can't remember what is was called). The car doesn't like that selection either.
Guess it's time to see the dealer again.
That’s odd. I just tested mine (2021 G90). I like the “milk” color setting and that’s what I leave it on. In response to your post, I selected the “mocha” color, went into work, came out a few hours later, and the mocha color was still there. It didn’t change. Not sure what’s going on with yours.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums