2021 Genesis G80 nightmare!

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I purchased a 2021 G80 in January. March 9th I had car wreck guy hit front front bumper and down driver side. Car has been in body shop since trying to repair. Has been at Genesis dealership a month for what is called "calibration" yet they are not capable of getting the calibration to work! Supposedly dealership has been in contact with Genesis and Hyunda support with no solution. Also, dealership cracked the windshield had to be replaced causing another delay. Last week dealership said the steering column was the problem with calibration. Now they say the problem is with a "switch box" Will ever get my car back!

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That sucks.
Not sure if the inability to repair wreck caused damage in under 30 days is Lemon Law Grounds. If you want you could call a lemon law lawyer and ask.

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Considering lawyer if this continues with no idea how to do "calibration" They supposedly are in contact with Genesis & Hyundai support. As body shop said Genesis built car they don't know how to fix

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You may end up having it totalled.

allan

Registered Member
NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
While I feel bad for you, your "headline" (the title of this thread) is VERY misleading. There was apparently nothing wrong with the car prior to the accident.

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
While I feel bad for you, your "headline" (the title of this thread) is VERY misleading. There was apparently nothing wrong with the car prior to the accident.
I don't think the title is misleading in any way... The OP never claimed that Genesis caused the accident, he is merely complaining that Genesis cannot fix it even though he / his insurance is willing to pay.

Falaris

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I don't think the title is misleading in any way... The OP never claimed that Genesis caused the accident, he is merely complaining that Genesis cannot fix it even though he / his insurance is willing to pay.
Still not a 2021 G80 (also in the title) problem. At best it sounds like a dealership / Genesis support problem.

-Fal

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Still not a 2021 G80 (also in the title) problem. At best it sounds like a dealership / Genesis support problem.

-Fal
He owns a 2021 G80 and he is having a problem getting it fixed. It is by definition a 2021 G80 problem. From my point of view you are trying to be "sea lawyer".

Falaris

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
He owns a 2021 G80 and he is having a problem getting it fixed. It is by definition a 2021 G80 problem. From my point of view you are trying to be "sea lawyer".

You are certainly entitled to you opinion.

From my point of view as an owner of a 2021 G80 I was concerned to see the title and reviewed the post to see if this was something I would possibly have to contend with. After reading I feel it does not pertain to the car specifically or to my situation as it is, without further similar cases, an isolated incident to one person's unfortunate situation with a dealership not able to figure out how to repair the vehicle.

-Fal

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Your correct! But it's been at Genesis dealership approx month and they have no clue how to "calibrate" sensors etc. with Genesis tech support. Also dealership cracked windshield and another 2wks wait to replace

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

-Fal
Car is a 2021 "Genesis" G80 so the problem is with Genesis

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

-Fal
Not sure understand. It's a 2021 Genesis G80 and Genesis dealership with Genesis tech support doesn't know how to do "calibration"

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The problem is after wreck Genesis dealership has my car for month and not capable of figuring out how to get it to "calibrate" with Genesis tech support.

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
You are certainly entitled to you opinion.

From my point of view as an owner of a 2021 G80 I was concerned to see the title and reviewed the post to see if this was something I would possibly have to contend with. After reading I feel it does not pertain to the car specifically or to my situation as it is, without further similar cases, an isolated incident to one person's unfortunate situation with a dealership not able to figure out how to repair the vehicle.

-Fal
I'll be glad to swap my G80 with you. It's a Genesis problem Genesis dealership and Genesis tech support

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
You are correct! It's a "Genesis" problem after the wreck

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
sea law·yer
/sē ˈloiər,ˈlôyər/
Learn to pronounce

noun
INFORMAL

1. an eloquently and obstinately argumentative person.
    "one of those mouthy sea lawyers full of pseudo-intellectual yammer"

In the Navy, we called them "sea lawyers." They know more about rules and regulations than they do about the technical aspects of their jobs.

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I didn't say there was anything wrong with car before accident. If dealership gets your car for "calibration" it shouldn't take a month and still can't figure out problem with Genesis tech support

gardener58

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
sea law·yer
/sē ˈloiər,ˈlôyər/
Learn to pronounce

noun
INFORMAL

1. an eloquently and obstinately argumentative person.
    "one of those mouthy sea lawyers full of pseudo-intellectual yammer"

In the Navy, we called them "sea lawyers." They know more about rules and regulations than they do about the technical aspects of their jobs.
Thanks! Was wondering

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners