• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2021 Genesis GV70 First Render

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hate to say it, but my first reaction upon seeing that rendering is that the rear quarter, with that swooping line, reminds me of a hearse, especially in black. Lucky the actual spy shots look different.
In any case, ugh, another SUV. Too bad they need it to survive.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I hate to say it, but my first reaction upon seeing that rendering is that the rear quarter, with that swooping line, reminds me of a hearse, especially in black. Lucky the actual spy shots look different.
Sad that SUVs are all the rave now and every brand has to have one. Clunky and some offer less cargo space that some regular sedans. Even sadder that the best selling Bentley is their Bentayga. Who is going to take that offroad?

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Sad that SUVs are all the rave now and every brand has to have one. Clunky and some offer less cargo space that some regular sedans. Even sadder that the best selling Bentley is their Bentayga. Who is going to take that offroad?
I think you have it backwards. These days every brand has to have a sedan. People are buying SUVs.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Not my favorite look/shape, but don't mind it as it is a bit different from the typical cookie-cutter CUV shape/design.

Looks more like a blend of the Pacer and 928 at the rear quarter than a hearse.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Sedans are being eliminated though. The mini van is pretty dead too as the SUV is the choice of the masses today. Each has a place it fits well but some of us still prefer the 3 box saloon.

Enjoy it while you can. The tree huggers will have us driving electric Smart cars in a few years.
That’s what my point was. Sedans are the past. At least for the present. Got it?

jstein333

Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Really not digging the looks of the GV70 from the renders and spy shots. The front end is fine, but that chunky rear end and awkward side profile really make it looks cheap. I like what I’m seeing so far on the GV80 though.

Hopefully the interior and driving dynamics should be good. I’m assuming this will be RWD based like other Genesis?

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

That’s what my point was. Sedans are the past. At least for the present. Got it?
While overall market-share is down, sedans still make up a significant chunk of sales - even more so in overseas markets.

Mercedes recently built the 500,000th W222 S Class.

That's a lot of profits for Daimler.

Even if the next S Class doesn't sell as well, it's still likely going to do around 400k in worldwide sales.

Hyundai's operating profit has increased a good bit after a couple of lean years and that largely has been on the back of the F/L G90 and the Palisade.

Last edited:

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Yuu don't see the resemblance in shape in the rear quarter window?

The one for the 928 is longer and has more of a curvature to the glass (flatter for the GV70), but the same basic shape applies to both.

Last edited:

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got it. They both have round wheels too. 😉

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

While overall market-share is down, sedans still make up a significant chunk of sales - even more so in overseas markets.

Mercedes recently built the 500,000th W222 S Class.

That's a lot of profits for Daimler.

Even if the next S Class doesn't sell as well, it's still likely going to do around 400k in worldwide sales.

Hyundai's operating profit has increased a good bit after a couple of lean years and that largely has been on the back of the F/L G90 and the Palisade.
Considering GM and Ford seem to be the ones drastically cutting back/eliminating sedans (based on what I have read) the downward spiral is for American sedans. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and even Hyundai/Kia and the Euro brands are steaming ahead with 4 doors. Mercedes alone now sells approximately 7 four door cars. Customers are seeing something in cars from those brands that are lacking in GM and Ford.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums