2021 Genesis GV70 - Little brother of Genesis GV80. 2nd SUV from Genesis!

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I want to see a hybrid or plug in hybrid power train option.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
I want to see a hybrid or plug in hybrid power train option.
Totally agree. I would say that Genesis made a mistake by not releasing an SUV before the three cars. Their second mistake will be not having a Hybrid or PHEV for many years yet. By the time Genesis gets out a full line of IC SUV/crossovers most other brands will have multiple options to choose from hybrid, PHEV or EV.

Look at toyota with the RAV4 hybrid. They are killing it with that suv. Demand is way higher than supply. It’s a little faster then the standard RAV4 and significantly higher MPG. I get the whole EV craze right now, but less than 1.5% of the driving population drive EV’s. Hybrids are more affordable and having a much higher percentage of the driving population using hybrids will reduce a lot more pollution than the small amount of EV’s being driven. The RAV4 Prime is going to be a huge seller when it comes out next year.

The GV70 is what I’m waiting for, but I wish it would have a hybrid option right out of the gate. It won’t unfortunately.

Last edited:

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Totally agree. I would say that Genesis made a mistake by not releasing an SUV before the three cars. Their second mistake will be not having a Hybrid or PHEV for many years yet. By the time Genesis gets out a full line of IC SUV/crossovers most other brands will have multiple options to choose from hybrid, PHEV or EV.
Again, the GV80 wasn't going to happen until the new RWD platform and in Genesis' domestic market, lux sedans still rule the road.

Both the GV80 and GV70 should be getting hybrid and/or PHEV powertrains and the GV60 may end up being a dedicated BEV.

While do think hybrids (even a 48V) are the way to go for the majority of buyers in the near term, it's not exactly like BMW and MB have been selling tons of their hybridized CUVs (presently, in the lux market, BEVs seem more popular).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums