2023 Genesis GV60 Specifications

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Genesis has unveiled its first dedicated electric vehicle, the GV60, a model that embodies the brand’s journey towards electrification.

On Thursday, September 30 (KST), Genesis held the GV60 Digital World Premiere event online. During the event, the brand unveiled a film on the Genesis Worldwide YouTube channel (link) that introduced the world to the GV60’s design philosophy and key product values.

The film, entitled ‘Plug Into Your Senses’, introduces the vehicle’s various technologies through a narration that personifies the GV60 and highlights its interactions with the driver.

The GV60 follows the same model naming scheme as Genesis’ existing lineup, highlighting the brand’s continuous commitment to its values even after electrification. The vehicle also marks the beginning of “luxury brand lineup that interacts with drivers”, as presented during the brand vision announcement on September 2.

“The GV60 is the first dedicated EV model with the most dynamic design, representing Genesis’ electrification. It will set a new standard for luxury electric vehicles with a powerful driving performance and various key features based on interactions with customers,” said Jay Chang, Global Head of Genesis brand.

“The GV60 is a symbolic model that materializes the unique values and the sensibilities that Genesis stands for. It offers a satisfying experience to our customers who want something valuable, but different,” said Luc Donckerwolke, Chief Creative Officer of Genesis brand. Read more...

Length: 177.7559 inches
Width: 74.40945 inches
Height: 62.20472
Wheelbase: 114.1732

Range with 77.4 kWh battery (estimates):
Rear Wheel Drive: up to 280 miles (225hp / 260 lb-ft)
All Wheel Drive: Up to 250 miles (315hp / 445 lb-ft)

Paint Colors: The GV60 is available in total of 11 colors, including four new colors: São Paulo Lime, Hanauma Mint, Atacama Copper, and Atacama Copper Matte. Other colors include Vik Black, Uyuni White, Matterhorn White, Saville Silver, Carbon Metal, Melbourne Gray, and Royal Blue.

Power:
- Each model features a 77.4kWh battery, and the standard RWD model features a maximum driving range of 451km per charge.

- The standard RWD model is equipped with a motor that features a maximum output of 168kW and a maximum torque of 350Nm.

- The standard AWD model is equipped with a 160kW motor for its rear wheels and a 74kW motor for its front wheels, providing a total output of 234kW, a maximum torque of 605Nm, and a maximum driving range of 400km per charge. (Estimates provided by Genesis R&D Center based on Korean EV certification system and 19” wheels)

- The performance model features two 160kW motors for the front and rear wheels, delivering a total output of 320kW, maximum torque of 605Nm, and a maximum driving range of 368km per charge. It is an ideal option for customers seeking a fun driving experience.

- The GV60 comes with a Boost Mode to give it a more dynamic and luxurious element. The mode immediately increases the performance of the vehicle’s maximum output, making the driving experience more dynamic. The Boost Mode button on the steering wheel activates additional performance for 10 seconds. This enables the vehicle to go from 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.0 seconds. There is also a Drift Mode that optimizes the distribution of driving power and brakes.

dklanecky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Interesting, the wheelbase is actually longer than the GV70, 114.2" vs 113.2", while the overall length is smaller than the GV70, 185.6" vs 177.8".

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

nimasis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So this is going to be slower than the Kia EV6 GT? that's a shame. I was really expecting them to give the GV60 even more power...I understand how it didn't make sense for them to make a high-performance engine to compete with AMGs and Ms knowing they cant sell to most markets past 2030/2035 but with EVs it's a mistake if they just offer 300-400hp cars.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

In total, Genesis will be offering three powertrain options. The base spec GV60 will be a rear-drive affair featuring a single electric motor. It’ll put out 225 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.

Step up to the dual-motor AWD model and combined output from the two motors increases to 314 horsepower and 446 pound-feet of torque.

Finally, there’s a performance AWD model that spits out a whopping 429 horsepower and 446 pound-feet of torque.

nimasis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

In total, Genesis will be offering three powertrain options. The base spec GV60 will be a rear-drive affair featuring a single electric motor. It’ll put out 225 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.

Step up to the dual-motor AWD model and combined output from the two motors increases to 314 horsepower and 446 pound-feet of torque.

Finally, there’s a performance AWD model that spits out a whopping 429 horsepower and 446 pound-feet of torque.
429 hp sounds much better but still slower than Kia's EV6 GT which is supposedly going to make 577 hp.

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Bend, Oregon
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
429 hp sounds much better but still slower than Kia's EV6 GT which is supposedly going to make 577 hp.
nimasis...I don't understand why a defining parameter of a family-oriented vehicle needs to be 'speed'. And by "speed", I think you may be writing about horsepower, acceleration, 0-60 times, etc. The people interested in this car will likely be interested in more mundane things like reliability, range, roadability, comfort and so on. If those parameters meet a person's needs more so than other brands of vehicles, they will buy the GV70--even if it doesn't have a lot of 'speed'.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
nimasis...I don't understand why a defining parameter of a family-oriented vehicle needs to be 'speed'. And by "speed", I think you may be writing about horsepower, acceleration, 0-60 times, etc. The people interested in this car will likely be interested in more mundane things like reliability, range, roadability, comfort and so on. If those parameters meet a person's needs more so than other brands of vehicles, they will buy the GV70--even if it doesn't have a lot of 'speed'.
There is an upcharge for the EV powertrain, people want more for it than just being green. Same reason many want to know the torque of a diesel when they pay a 10-20% premium to get that power train. If I buy an EV, I'm expecting more torque and lower 0-60. It is the exact reason I've lost interest in the Cadillac Lyric, which I had been greatly interested in. When the power figures came out, It's no longer on my short list.

nimasis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It's not about defining the parameter and clearly I'm talking about the HP/TQ and acceleration times....we car enthusiasts just love "speed" and power in any form haha and also realistically Genesis is competing with the Germans now and high-performance coupes, sedans and SUVs are a big part of it

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Bend, Oregon
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
It's not about defining the parameter and clearly I'm talking about the HP/TQ and acceleration times....we car enthusiasts just love "speed" and power in any form haha and also realistically Genesis is competing with the Germans now and high-performance coupes, sedans and SUVs are a big part of it
nimasis: I understand now...the Genesis - BMW/MB/etc comparison. Thanks for the explanation.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners