• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

275 all 4 corners

Vic321

Hasn't posted much yet...
Want to know if anybody is running anything close to 275 all around. I'm looking at some 20x9.5 25 offset rims and would like to run a 275/30 tire on them. Btw this is for a 2012 5.0 non rspec.

Last edited:

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'd gander to say that 275's up front are really pushing it. If they fit, they're going to stick out a decent bit, especially in the front. That offset will put the wheel away from the suspension, but may not give you enough room under the fenders.
Here are a few calculators that will give you a pretty good idea about what sort of dimensions you're looking at, but other than actually sticking the wheel/tire on the car and seeing the fitment first hand..

Take a look through here, I haven't seen any, but perhaps someone has a similar setup already mounted. Custom Wheels Post

Hyundai Genesis 2012 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs
Wheel Offset Calculator

Flarfignewton

Pittsburgh, PA
Genesis Model Type
I'm running 18x9.5 +25 on a 255/45 all around. The tire has just the slightest stretch to help it fit in the fenders. At stock height with this setup I only rubbed at full lock at this one specific bump near my house. On my BC coilovers with the height set almost as high as it will go, I get rub on all 4 corners on big bumps. My fenders are stock so a roll and maybe slight pull should remedy that. On your setup you will definitely be having a bit of poke from the fenders without any bodywork.

TheDr9669

Registered Member
I run 265/40-19 (Or maybe they are 265/45...) on all four corners of my R-Spec with zero issues. They stick out a little off of the rim, but I like meaty looking tires. They do not poke past the fenders at all.

Fred-Gen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I am planning on running 265/35 20 on 20x9 wheels with 35 offset, that I bought last week.
According to the wheel and tire calculator the overall dimension of that wheel and tire combo are going to be almost similar to the stock 18' wheel tire combo the car came with from the factory.

I think the 25 offset on your wheel setup is the only thing that might cause a problem.
Best bet is really to do some calculation with that wheel offset calculator posted earlier, to see how much off you are going to be in the end from stock measurements.

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
I have Black 2017 19” Mustang GT Track Pack rims/tires on my ‘11 4.6. Buddy bought GT 350 rims to replace the GT rims and I bought them for $1,000 with the brand new Pirelli’s. They are 255 front and 275 rears. All I needed was a 12mm spacer in front to clear the brake calipers. Absolutely transformed the car. It hooks up so much better with much less Traction Control interference. I can get the specifics on the rim offset. The rear tires are about 5-7 mm from the shock but never rub. Absolutely best investment I could have made in this car.

Attachments

mburke64

I have Black 2017 19” Mustang GT Track Pack rims/tires on my ‘11 4.6. Buddy bought GT 350 rims to replace the GT rims and I bought them for $1,000 with the brand new Pirelli’s. They are 255 front and 275 rears. All I needed was a 12mm spacer in front to clear the brake calipers. Absolutely transformed the car. It hooks up so much better with much less Traction Control interference. I can get the specifics on the rim offset. The rear tires are about 5-7 mm from the shock but never rub. Absolutely best investment I could have made in this car.
I have the same tire setup with 255 40 19x8.5 front and 275 40 19x9 rear on G80 sport wheels20180902_185047.jpg

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
I have the same tire setup with 255 40 19x8.5 front and 275 40 19x9 rear on G80 sport wheelsView attachment 15210
Looks Great! I think my front and rear are both 45 series. Definitely makes the car so much more sporty. Notice that the new G70 has 275’s out back and I think 255’s up front. What our cars should have had stock.

mburke64

Looks Great! I think my front and rear are both 45 series. Definitely makes the car so much more sporty. Notice that the new G70 has 275’s out back and I think 255’s up front. What our cars should have had stock.
yes coming from 235 50, i just wish we didn't have that front brake problem so we could have more wheel choices.

Stang5o84

What are your offsets?

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
What are your offsets?
Here is the info on the '17 Mustang GT Rims and tires. The rears bolted right up with no issues. I needed a 12mm spacer with lugs on the front. I also needed hubcentric rings. The Genesis hubs are 67.1 and the Mustang's are 70.5. Also, the Genesis studs are 12mm x 1.5mm and the Mustang's are 14mm by 1.5. If you can get spacers for the front with 14mm x 1.5mm studs do that but you will need to get lug nuts to fit them. I did that. I have had no issues using the stock studs and lug nuts on the rear. 255/40ZR19 / 275/40ZR19 9Jx19 ET45 / 9.5Jx19 ET52.5 5x114.3M14 x 1.5

GENROLLER

Maryland
what tire pressure
I am planning on running 265/35 20 on 20x9 wheels with 35 offset, that I bought last week.
According to the wheel and tire calculator the overall dimension of that wheel and tire combo are going to be almost similar to the stock 18' wheel tire combo the car came with from the factory.

I think the 25 offset on your wheel setup is the only thing that might cause a problem.
Best bet is really to do some calculation with that wheel offset calculator posted earlier, to see how much off you are going to be in the end from stock measurements.
what tire pressure you running?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums