275's up front

Genesis Device

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
Hi guys

Throwing this out there...I have a set of 275 45 20's on sweet Borbet rims sitting in the garage from my previous car. Question is, will 275's work up front? The widest I've seen on this forum are 255's up front...you'd think that would be my tell but...is anyone running a 275 in the front? Any rubbing issues if so? Many thanks in advance. Going on a 2012 rspec.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Just compared the OP's 20x9 +35 with 275/45 to my 20x10 +18 with 245/35 that I have ran up front for a couple of years now. Looks like they should fit but the tire on the inside may be cutting it close. If I can find a picture of my wheel well clearance I'll post it up. Keep in mind I'm on air.

Size comparison

/45 on 20's - that's a lot of meat in those sidewalls, they may not fit in. Personally, I wouldn't do it, unless you go with 275/45 and that would be correct size.

Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator
HI dareck, looking at your sold cars, is there a big difference in the rspec sedan vs non rspec sedan if i'm going to upgrade wheels anyway? thanks

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
HI dareck, looking at your sold cars, is there a big difference in the rspec sedan vs non rspec sedan if i'm going to upgrade wheels anyway? thanks
Well, my Rspec wasn't modified at all, I ran on OEM wheels. The '15 vs. '18 aren't different, they share the same size/offset. I'd have to look up and see the wheels specs of '12 Rspec (your car)

Genesis Device

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #12
Drumroll please.....and I didn't even bother attempting the 275's lol...between switching to a 20" rim with a 45 aspect ratio tire, I knew in my heart of hearts it was never going to work, let alone the difference in width. Some quick measurements told me that yes, it would fit so long as I had no intention of turning the wheels or driving over any road perfections whatsoever. Decided to go with 255 35's all round. As luck would have it, I landed a sweet deal on some Pirelli P Zeros so I'll get to have some fun as well...at least until they wear out...very sticky tire! Amazing how it compliments the rspec suspention that seems to garner so much animosity at times.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.