Good 2nd maintenance with Glassman in Michigan

Thread starter #1

four

Supporting Member
Michigan
Not much to report, but I just did the 2nd service on my 2018 G80 Sport w/ Glassman in Michigan and everything went as it ought. They brought a 2019 G80 to my house this morning, picked up my car, and then swapped them back in the afternoon. 7,500 service done and they provided, paired, and cut a key card. Dashcam shows the car was responsibly handled throughout.

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I do my oil changes and other services at Feldman Hyundai of New Hudson. Last time I was there I asked if I am "Genesis owner". They said no. I am "Hyundai Genesis" owner and am not eligible for valet service. Well, I can live with that. And I don't have complaints about Feldman Hyundai service. They always treat me nice.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I do my oil changes and other services at Feldman Hyundai of New Hudson. Last time I was there I asked if I am "Genesis owner". They said no. I am "Hyundai Genesis" owner and am not eligible for valet service. Well, I can live with that. And I don't have complaints about Feldman Hyundai service. They always treat me nice.
Glad you were treated well. I am not sure what prompted you to ask. It’s a little hard to tell if you got the correct answer since I cannot tell what model you have. However since you mostly post in the Hyundai Grnesis forums I am guessing that the answer you got was correct and should not be surprising.

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type
I am not sure what prompted you to ask.
I was just sitting and talking to the service rep while he was doing paper work before taking my car in for oil change and I asked if they are going to convert to Genesis dealership. He said no, and then he told me stories about the valet service that he had to do for "Genesis owners". And that's why I asked if I qualify.

I cannot tell what model you have.
It's in my signature - 2011 Genesis 4.6.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It's in my signature - 2011 Genesis 4.6.
Apologies, it did not show on my phone. Maybe too low contrast

So to my perhaps limited, knowledge, there is no such thing as a 2011 Genesis. It must be a Hyundai Genesis, just as the dealer said.

Last edited:

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type
Apologies, it did not show on my phone. Maybe too low contrast
No apologies necessary. :drinks:

So to my perhaps limited, knowledge, there is no such thing as a 2011 Genesis. It must be a Hyundai Genesis, just as the dealer said.
Yep. "Genesis" brand officially started in January 2017 at Detroit auto show (I was there). Owners of 2015-2016 re-designed Genesis don't qualify either (according to my service rep).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.