3.3T 3.3T G70 Turbos not spooling.

dillon.hockett

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just wanted to see if anyone has run into this issue at all. I got off work tonight and before i left i remote started the car. I got in and drove home but after a while i noticed the car felt a little sluggish so i decided to floor it from a stop up to 60 to see if i was just imagining it. Nope, car still felt sluggish and at this point I realized that i never heard the turbos spooling so i hit it again and stared at the boost gauge and it never moved. I even tried sport mode and manual shifting but nothing seemed to help. Well i figured i'd come back home and check here but i didnt see anyone else with the same problem because maybe it had something to do with the remote start or the cold weather. Since i didnt find anything i got back in and went for a quick drive to test but weirdly it immediately was back to its normal self.

I'm going to do some more testing and see if it had anything to do with the remote start but its just weird because this has never happened before. Wondering as well if it has something to do with the ARK Performance Exhaust or the Agency Power intakes i have installed. Would love to hear if anyone else has ran into this problem in the past

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First I've heard of such a thing. You should potentially ask this question on the Stinger forum as well; there are a lot more miles on Stingers than G70s.

pdavid24

San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually, Car & Driver Motor Trend had a similar issue, for them it was a "leaking turbocharger hose".

After further reading the article again, it seemed their issue wasn't a one off occurrence. A restart didn't help them.

Last edited:

dillon.hockett

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you running a tuner of any kind?
Not that i'm aware of haha. Though i did buy this car second hand so maybe i should try and see if this is the case.

So far i havent gotten the issue to replicate itself so maybe it was just a one off thing

cdpratt69

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not that i'm aware of haha. Though i did buy this car second hand so maybe i should try and see if this is the case.

So far i havent gotten the issue to replicate itself so maybe it was just a one off thing
It happened to my car once since purchase. I parked it for a bit, and everything was fine on the next drive.

Joho75287

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Upstate South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If it's recurring and constant it sounds like one of the intercooler hoses popped off, allowing all the boost pressure to escape. It's doubtful that would happen with factory hoses and clamps though.

PFWiz

Registered Member
Lorain, Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If it's recurring and constant it sounds like one of the intercooler hoses popped off, allowing all the boost pressure to escape. It's doubtful that would happen with factory hoses and clamps though.
Hoses do not pop off and then magically reattach themselves. Has to be something electrical or maybe the waste gate. Does each turbo has its own waste gate? if so, then we are back to electrical.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums