3.3t Sport Shortage?

DCPILOTI

Hello All,

I'm a new member and first time poster. I drove a G70 3.3t last week and thought it was great. I told the dealer that I would want a Sport package equipped 3.3t, open to color, etc. He said he would get back to me and I haven't heard from him since. I've done some searching and can't find a 3.3t Sport anywhere. Is there a shortage of this package? Is it delayed? What am I missing here? (Or should I wait for the 2020 G80 to be introduced?) Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from y'all!

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello All,

I'm a new member and first time poster. I drove a G70 3.3t last week and thought it was great. I told the dealer that I would want a Sport package equipped 3.3t, open to color, etc. He said he would get back to me and I haven't heard from him since. I've done some searching and can't find a 3.3t Sport anywhere. Is there a shortage of this package? Is it delayed? What am I missing here? (Or should I wait for the 2020 G80 to be introduced?) Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from y'all!
There are some very resourceful members on this board, I suspect they'll find one for you!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello All,

What state are you in? City?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello All,

Location please?

DCPILOTI

Hi, My apologies in the delayed reply. I just saw this. I live in Columbia, SC. Which colors do you have? I'm most interested in Mallorca Blue, Havana Red or Himalayan Gray.

DCPILOTI

There is one Mallorca Blue 3.3T RWD Sport in GENESIS OF EAST CHARLOTTE, NC
I just reached out to them and the salesperson is verifying they have it. He thinks they do, but is not positive. Hopefully, they do. Thanks for the heads up!

DCPILOTI

That's nice! I'd like to find one closer to South Carolina, but if I can't I will definitely reach-out to you. Though the AWD might be wasted down here...Thanks!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ did you even try to search the inventory on the website? I used an Atlanta, GA zip code and immediately found at least eight 3.3T Sport models (most likely RWD). Probably a ton more if you move out from that zip code...in NC, SC, VA, FL, etc.

You've got to at least try...instead of assuming there is a shortage...LOL.

DCPILOTI

I just got a Himalayan Gray on Black sport this weekend in Jacksonville. I know the dealer had 4 others of varying colors.
That's good to know. I'll check it out. Thanks for letting me know and congratulations on the new ride!

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just got a Himalayan Gray on Black sport this weekend in Jacksonville. I know the dealer had 4 others of varying colors.
Congratulations!

As for searching (to help others in the same boat of locating a car)... not the most accurate way, but you can use Cars.com to search for G70s near you, and then follow-up by phone to ensure it’s a Sport model.

DCPILOTI

Good Morning,

Yeah, I've used both Autotrader and Cars.com. No joy on both, but it has been a few days since I've searched. I plan on reaching out to the Jacksonville dealer today though. So, we'll see!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.