3.5L V6 GV80 tune up

Freddyrdg

Victoria, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Has anyone considered unleashing the stock 375 horses of the Genesis 3.5L twin-turbo V6 ? it seems that Genesis is holding them down to smooth the luxury experience (which the car is designed for, it's not a BMW X5 M competition). However, the car could use some more power with adequate suspension and maybe gearbox tuning, especially for straight-line acceleration. Comments?

ballistic

Registered Member
Has anyone considered unleashing the stock 375 horses of the Genesis 3.5L twin-turbo V6 ? it seems that Genesis is holding them down to smooth the luxury experience (which the car is designed for, it's not a BMW X5 M competition). However, the car could use some more power with adequate suspension and maybe gearbox tuning, especially for straight-line acceleration. Comments?
I think the jb4 will work with the gv80. I don't see why it wouldn't. but supporting mods might need to be created for more power. like the burger tuning intakes. they were made for the stinger and work with the g70 but as far as I know they don't fit the g80. so there will probably need to be some modification to that to work.

so my guess is an easy 50hp or so with only the jb4 but it might take some time for supporting mods to be made to use stronger maps. the jb4 works will the g70, g80, g90. so I don't see why the gv70 or gv80 would be any different.

if enough people are interested the mods will come. this discussion is a good start.

Berick

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I
I’m all for increasing the output on the 3.5tt. This thing is anemic and it still guzzles the fuel. If it’s going to be this thirsty, it should at least have more ponies.

G-426701

Love to see a high power version with like 500+ horsepower to compete with the M line for BMW or blackwing from Cadillac. Heck even something around 474hp at least

Freddyrdg

Victoria, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I bought it but can't find the location of the TMAP connector. Reply I got from the vendor is to look under/center of intake manifold.... still can't find :-(

Hawk375

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I bought it but can't find the location of the TMAP connector. Reply I got from the vendor is to look under/center of intake manifold.... still can't find :-(
Should be this guy
7A3B75CB-2E01-4EF2-9155-8ED3607257EF.jpeg

Freddyrdg

Victoria, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
this is a 3-pin sensor, I believe it's the map sensor. there are 2 sensors for the beta jb4. map (3-pin) and tmap (4-pin, known as "rainbow") that's the one I can't locate. I removed the 2 airboxes, no-luck. I think I will try to find a non-genesis mechanic and pay him to locate

Hawk375

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
this is a 3-pin sensor, I believe it's the map sensor. there are 2 sensors for the beta jb4. map (3-pin) and tmap (4-pin, known as "rainbow") that's the one I can't locate. I removed the 2 airboxes, no-luck. I think I will try to find a non-genesis mechanic and pay him to locate
Yeah, I'm not seeing a 4 pin sensor anywhere that's easy to get to without performing exploratory surgery

EddieSk1LLz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
So we have found the the 3 pin connections.
Burger will have to come out with a CANbus Firmware update in future. But he tells me that it should get about 50hp gain without the CANbus update and about 80hp gain when the CANbus update is available.
Should be (2) 3 pin connectors as per Burger
20210719_181511.jpg 20210719_181407.jpg 20210719_181149.jpg

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners