3.5L V6 GV80 tune up

Amnlupiano

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I see Burger is now working on the 3.5 in the GV70. Does this mean they have everything worked out for the 3.5 in the GV80?

EddieSk1LLz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I see Burger is now working on the 3.5 in the GV70. Does this mean they have everything worked out for the 3.5 in the GV80?
I installed the jb4 V4 for my gv80 3.5 today! Definitely a noticeable increase in power! There are only 2 maps available to use right now until they get a CANbus update worked out. I also purchased the Bluetooth wireless adapter. And it works well so far with my Note20. You can only see Boost and Map on App until the CANbus update. Roughly 40 HP gain the way it is now I'm told. Around 80HP after Update.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

G-450969

I think the jb4 will work with the gv80. I don't see why it wouldn't. but supporting mods might need to be created for more power. like the burger tuning intakes. they were made for the stinger and work with the g70 but as far as I know they don't fit the g80. so there will probably need to be some modification to that to work.

so my guess is an easy 50hp or so with only the jb4 but it might take some time for supporting mods to be made to use stronger maps. the jb4 works will the g70, g80, g90. so I don't see why the gv70 or gv80 would be any different.

if enough people are interested the mods will come. this discussion is a good start.
Can’t wait too tube up my GV80

lorand

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
i am interested in a tune if it doesn't roast the warranty

Rancejunge

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
No Map 4.
1, 2, 3
3 runs nice. Needs more boost though. Map3 is roughly 4psi over stock
So what was the highest boost at map0 you saw versus map3 highest boost level? Looks like the maps are map0, map1, map2 and map3 where map0 is factory setting?

G-361595

Has anyone considered unleashing the stock 375 horses of the Genesis 3.5L twin-turbo V6 ? it seems that Genesis is holding them down to smooth the luxury experience (which the car is designed for, it's not a BMW X5 M competition). However, the car could use some more power with adequate suspension and maybe gearbox tuning, especially for straight-line acceleration. Comments?
I’m trying the JB4 tuning. It gives you a couple of horse power without damaging the warranty.

Bobby Puras

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think the jb4 will work with the gv80. I don't see why it wouldn't. but supporting mods might need to be created for more power. like the burger tuning intakes. they were made for the stinger and work with the g70 but as far as I know they don't fit the g80. so there will probably need to be some modification to that to work.

so my guess is an easy 50hp or so with only the jb4 but it might take some time for supporting mods to be made to use stronger maps. the jb4 works will the g70, g80, g90. so I don't see why the gv70 or gv80 would be any different.

if enough people are interested the mods will come. this discussion is a good start.
Have someone tried the JB4 already in the GV80 3.5tt?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners