• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

$300 to renew expiring services

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My 2017 G80 Ultimate is now 3 years old and a number of things expire like remote start, connected services etc. you CANNOT renew just the remote start feature for $100/ year but must rewew all services file $300/year. Ridiculous - wonder how folks will sign up for that.

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Well at least you got three years...when I got the R-Soec, 3.8 and 5.0 I only got three months with each of them!
Those services where lovely while they lasted, but not worth $600 per year for my current pair! :eek:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Kurmudjon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I’m simply saying with an a la carte menu Genesis would have gotten $100 from me for the remote start. Under the current system they get zippo!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My 2017 G80 Ultimate is now 3 years old and a number of things expire like remote start, connected services etc. you CANNOT renew just the remote start feature for $100/ year but must rewew all services file $300/year. Ridiculous - wonder how folks will sign up for that.
Kurmudjon....Have these things expired or are they about to expire? My expiry date is in Dec and I have no intention of renewing any of the Genesis Connect services...although I may miss the Genesis app which needs Connect services to work. I also do not plan on renewing and paying for the trial SiriusXM Traffic and Data services. I haven't used these once. Do you know if you are notified by Genesis or SiriusXM that these services are expiring? I wouldn't want any of them automatically renewed and billed. Do you know how these expirations work?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You will be notified. Genesis should not have your CC info. Sirius would have it if you signed up after the trial but they notify you in advance.
EdP...I know that much. I want to hear what actually happens as opposed to suppose to happen.

Kurmudjon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Kurmudjon....Have these things expired or are they about to expire? My expiry date is in Dec and I have no intention of renewing any of the Genesis Connect services...although I may miss the Genesis app which needs Connect services to work. I also do not plan on renewing and paying for the trial SiriusXM Traffic and Data services. I haven't used these once. Do you know if you are notified by Genesis or SiriusXM that these services are expiring? I wouldn't want any of them automatically renewed and billed. Do you know how these expirations work?
They HAVE expired and got an email to that effect. Genesis app still works for scheduling service. Think Sirius XM Traffic and Data continues on for a bit as I still have it but never use it. Sirius music dropped off for me long ago and did not renew. I use Pandora via Bluetooth which still works just fine :) Only thing I will miss is remote start which I used occasionally. Don’t believe I will miss any of those other features after a bit. Good luck :)

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
They HAVE expired and got an email to that effect. Genesis app still works for scheduling service. Think Sirius XM Traffic and Data continues on for a bit as I still have it but never use it. Sirius music dropped off for me long ago and did not renew. I use Pandora via Bluetooth which still works just fine :) Only thing I will miss is remote start which I used occasionally. Don’t believe I will miss any of those other features after a bit. Good luck :)
Thank you for the reply and information.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
One of the features I like and use on occasion is the "send to car" for directions that is in the last $100. Nice but not at $15 a use that it would be. I'll be looking at aftermarket remotes.
I agree. The “send to car” directions feature is the only thing I’ll miss after my 3-year trial period ends on my ‘19 Santa Fe. I never use remote start. I never used any Bluelink features on my ‘12 Genesis either, nor do I miss them. HOWEVER, if these services were priced much more affordably I might be interested in keeping them. I’d certainly pay $50/yr for everything.

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It's a cost/benefit analysis. Each person decides what they are willing to pay for a service/product . I wish I only paid for the cable channels I watch, but that ain't going to happen. I will not be renewing these connected services or pay for map/naGivation ;) updates when my "free" period expires. I'll begrudgingly continue to renew my XM satellite radio subscription.

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It's a cost/benefit analysis. Each person decides what they are willing to pay for a service/product . I wish I only paid for the cable channels I watch, but that ain't going to happen. I will not be renewing these connected services or pay for map/naGivation ;) updates when my "free" period expires. I'll begrudgingly continue to renew my XM satellite radio subscription.
Don’t forget there are alternatives to XM radio. For example, I have an unlimited data package with T-Mobile, so I can stream audio from numerous services and websites. AccuRadio is just one. Then there’s the thumbdrive. XM’s days are numbered.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Agree that XM radio is becoming less attractive, but in my case, it was difficult to resist a sweet deal, $60 with traffic on the 3.8 Ultimate for the entire year, and since 5.0 was on the same account, it got the XM subscription for free 😂.

But for me between NewsON, iHeart Radio, Prime music, Waze apps with CarPlay, XM is not needed, however the Mrs is happy since she got her news and traffic while she is on the go...

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums