• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

$300 to renew expiring services

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
XM just purchased Pandora radio. I loved Pandora, for $19 a year I had no add unlimited streaming of music that I choose, only thing I couldn't do was "replay" which changed in the past year.

But now that XM owns it, my grandfathered in $19 Pandora One plan got axed and they wanted $14 a month for it and it was for only one device at a time. For the same $14 a month I switched to Apple Music, which allows my whole family to stream under the Apple Family account and allows us to download unlimited music to our devices and media server at home.
I’ve been on Pandora One (no ads, unlimited skips) for many years and pay about 48 bucks/year. They keep encouraging me to upgrade (and pay more) with more bells and whistles. Have resisted and no “forced change” for me so far.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've never heard of Pandora One that a couple of you have mentioned. Is this in the US? I have and have had Pandora Plus for several years...no adds and unlimited skips. It's $47.88/yr. The next plan up for me would be Pandora Premium, but I don't know anything about it. If Pandora Plus is changing to something else in 2020 I haven't heard.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Pandora One was the initial release of the paid service in 2006 a year after the launch of the free service in 2005. Pandora One was split out into 2 tiers Pandora Plus and Premium in 2014, a third tier was added in 2017 "Family"......
Mr. Incredible...thank you for this history. I went straight from Pandora Free to Pandora Plus and never knew about Pandora One. I hope they don't mess around with Plus.

deuce26

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
All, with regard to the remote start. Is there an aftermarket addition that would allow remote start from the key fob at a reasonable install price?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

deuce26

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The remotes I've had give you a fob to replace the factory one, but they were not Genesis I had them on. Price is about $200 to $500 depending on features.

deuce26

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks all for the advice on the aftermarket remote start. Has anyone done this? How do you like it? I’m not tech savvy so was just looking for a remote start option on the fob.

Justunme

New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I am in the market for a 2018 G80. I was totally unaware that many of the features provided with this car stop functioning unless you pay the ransom. Is there a downloadable list to see what I cannot use? Very disappointed learning this.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible