$300 to renew expiring services

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Agree that XM radio is becoming less attractive, but in my case, it was difficult to resist a sweet deal, $60 with traffic on the 3.8 Ultimate for the entire year, and since 5.0 was on the same account, it got the XM subscription for free 😂.

But for me between NewsON, iHeart Radio, Prime music, Waze apps with CarPlay, XM is not needed, however the Mrs is happy since she got her news and traffic while she is on the go...
I'm not looking to change yes, but it depends on what the future really holds. I dislike commercial radio since I've had XM for a number of years now. As soon as I leave the garage the radio comes on to one of my favorite stations. I only listen to about 8 of them. It is convenient. On a short trip to the grocery or hardware store is is simple.

The streaming is fine, but, I have to take out my phone, open the app, select my playlist, and then go. On a 1 hour trip, this is trivial. On a short trip, it is a lot of time. Right now SiriusXM seems easy but I may change my mind when the next bill comes in.

Kurmudjon

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis G80
XM just purchased Pandora radio. I loved Pandora, for $19 a year I had no add unlimited streaming of music that I choose, only thing I couldn't do was "replay" which changed in the past year.

But now that XM owns it, my grandfathered in $19 Pandora One plan got axed and they wanted $14 a month for it and it was for only one device at a time. For the same $14 a month I switched to Apple Music, which allows my whole family to stream under the Apple Family account and allows us to download unlimited music to our devices and media server at home.
I’ve been on Pandora One (no ads, unlimited skips) for many years and pay about 48 bucks/year. They keep encouraging me to upgrade (and pay more) with more bells and whistles. Have resisted and no “forced change” for me so far.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I’ve been on Pandora One (no ads, unlimited skips) for many years and pay about 48 bucks/year. They keep encouraging me to upgrade (and pay more) with more bells and whistles. Have resisted and no “forced change” for me so far.

I was on the "founder's" pricing as I was one of the first to sign-up for the service when it first launched in 2000 as Savage Beast Technologies and then one of the first invited to try Pandora when it was rebranded in 2005, I opted for Pandora One when it launched as well, the initial pricing was $14 a year, it went to $19 a year in 2015 I think.

The founders pricing was axed when Sirius/XM took over last year and I was automatically rolled into the new monthly service packages, it took me 3 months and cancelling the credit card to stop the billing for it. Typical Sirius/XM tactic, which is why I won't ever use them.

The $48 (14 months for the price of 12) annual Pandora One pricing is coming to an end and you will be forced to change to the Plus or Premium programs at the monthly rate, it has already been announced, all customers will be transitioned to the $4.99 a month service by March of 2020. That service still includes ads, the ad free is now $9.99 going to $14.99 in March of 2020 as well.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis G80
I've never heard of Pandora One that a couple of you have mentioned. Is this in the US? I have and have had Pandora Plus for several years...no adds and unlimited skips. It's $47.88/yr. The next plan up for me would be Pandora Premium, but I don't know anything about it. If Pandora Plus is changing to something else in 2020 I haven't heard.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I've never heard of Pandora One that a couple of you have mentioned. Is this in the US? I have and have had Pandora Plus for several years...no adds and unlimited skips. It's $47.88/yr. The next plan up for me would be Pandora Premium, but I don't know anything about it. If Pandora Plus is changing to something else in 2020 I haven't heard.
Pandora One was the initial release of the paid service in 2006 a year after the launch of the free service in 2005. Pandora One was split out into 2 tiers Pandora Plus and Premium in 2014, a third tier was added in 2017 "Family"

Essentially Pandora One was what is now Pandora Premium + Family, unlimited streaming, no ads, ability to search and play songs on-demand, no timeouts, customized playlists, offline listening, and up to 4 devices with simultaneous connections.

"One" was split out into Plus and Premium: instead of $47.88 a year (from 2007 to 2014) it is now only month to month. For Founders, we had locked in lifetime pricing of $19.99 a year, until SiriusXM took over (new owners, new pricing and rules), at which time that program was ended and switched to the month to month "Plus" tier.

Plus includes ad-free, replay, 3 offline stations, higher quality streaming (than the free version) and a timeout period (you can only skip or dislike 10 songs before you have to wait 60 minutes to do it again) for $4.99 a month.

Premium has all that Plus has and ads no timeouts, custom playlists, 20 offline channels, play songs on demand. and is $9.99 a month

Family adds all the above for up to 6 users on same account and is $14.99 a month.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis G80
Pandora One was the initial release of the paid service in 2006 a year after the launch of the free service in 2005. Pandora One was split out into 2 tiers Pandora Plus and Premium in 2014, a third tier was added in 2017 "Family"......
Mr. Incredible...thank you for this history. I went straight from Pandora Free to Pandora Plus and never knew about Pandora One. I hope they don't mess around with Plus.

deuce26

No Genesis Yet!
All, with regard to the remote start. Is there an aftermarket addition that would allow remote start from the key fob at a reasonable install price?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90
All, with regard to the remote start. Is there an aftermarket addition that would allow remote start from the key fob at a reasonable install price?
Just wondering, What do you consider a reasonable price?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport

most of the aftermarket systems can do this, Viper, Compustar, Avital, etc. Just need to let the shop know so they can order the interface module and antenna needed for the OEM connection vs. the included remotes for the system.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
The remotes I've had give you a fob to replace the factory one, but they were not Genesis I had them on. Price is about $200 to $500 depending on features.

deuce26

No Genesis Yet!
The remotes I've had give you a fob to replace the factory one, but they were not Genesis I had them on. Price is about $200 to $500 depending on features.

deuce26

No Genesis Yet!
Thanks all for the advice on the aftermarket remote start. Has anyone done this? How do you like it? I’m not tech savvy so was just looking for a remote start option on the fob.

Justunme

New Jersey
Genesis G80 Sport
I am in the market for a 2018 G80. I was totally unaware that many of the features provided with this car stop functioning unless you pay the ransom. Is there a downloadable list to see what I cannot use? Very disappointed learning this.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I am in the market for a 2018 G80. I was totally unaware that many of the features provided with this car stop functioning unless you pay the ransom. Is there a downloadable list to see what I cannot use? Very disappointed learning this.
the only things that don’t function without the subscription is app based remote start, remote lock/unlock and sending an address to the vehicle for the gps from your phone.

none of the features of the car stop working, these are subscription based add-ons that come free for 3 years to the first (new) owner.

and it is no different than any other manufacturer since 2015, Lexus, MBZ, BMW, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, all the same, remote functions via a phone app require a subscription.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Not many features, just Blue Link. You lose the ability to remote start, lock, geo fence and the like. You can get different levels of it for $99 each. Subscriptions services like this have been around for a long time. GM with OnStar was one of the first. This will give you an idea of what you get
Hyundai Blue Link | 3 Years Complimentary Blue Link | Hyundai

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
Hate to ask a dumb question, but does the HD Traffic work without a subscription? Is that basically a free service?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
Hate to ask a dumb question, but does the HD Traffic work without a subscription? Is that basically a free service?

it's Sirius Data, not HD Traffic, only works with the Sirius Data Subscription, which is 3 years I believe for a new owner.

the Sirius system is flaky and inconsistent, Waze or even Apple Maps is much better through Carplay.. It takes 10 minutes into my drive before Sirius will even show the traffic data and it is usually an hour or more behind reality.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums