• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

$300 to renew expiring services

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sirius FM thought was only for 3 months? If we have some kind of Sirius traffic I was not even aware of that? Have not really used the nav at all. Once our 3 year convenance and remote start subscription expires, yes it’s not cheap per year to maintain. You have to spend at least $196 per year to keep remote start. They force you to take the convenance package before you can take the remote package. My wife’s CX9 cost her a little less than $99 a year to maintain her remote start ability. That is worth doing with Mazda, $200 per year for Genesis, Texas has mild winters so not so sure I’ll continue once my 3 years expire.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Anyone know what Sirius XM package we have on our Genesis cars, the complimentary 3 year deal?

I've had music only (I think) on my other car and it's only $5 a month (if you threaten to cancel), but I don't think it comes with traffic. We do occasionally hear weather alerts, so it must have that included. Not sure the radio had all the features that XM can use. It's a base '16 QX50 Infiniti.

I really like the remote start and send to car feature. In three years I may renew it, who knows. Yes Texas winters are not bad at all, but summers are hot and getting into a cool car is nice.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Okay, so they're separate services. On my other car, I've only bought the music in the past, for the $5/month. But as said I do hear occasional weather notices, that tells me my "music only for $5 month" also includes some data. That car is over 3 years old.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
My Santa Fe’s Blue Link was expired and I thought the cost to renew excessive so I waited. I was originally offered the 5 dollar per month but I declined because it didn’t include the remote start option which is important for me. Recently I was offered a deal for 7 dollars a month which included the remote start for a year and I accepted it.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Good to know.. Sirius XM is similar, I have to call to "cancel" in order to get the $5/month music plan.

Maybe the Genesis plans will go down by the time I need to renew.

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I sorta lucked out, both the 2015 & 16 are under the same account, I have the traffic on the 16 for $3 a month (no CarPlay/Waze), While the 15 supposedly only have the XM for $5 a month (mainly for news) somehow I ended up with both services on both cars...

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Good info, I was wondering about what they charged for the separate services.

I'm impressed with the navi in the G80. It's by far the best and easiest to use factory navigation system I've used. Granted, I've only used a few, and they were older - but worthless in use.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My three years of Connected Services expired on Dec. 9. I did not renew. On the Genesis app, the Homepage, current weather, car location, gas stations, POIs, and dealer locator w/map location are still working. Only the Bluelink and Remote functions are inop. For those, you get a popup alerting you to call and renew. The car's location is important if your car is stolen and you have your phone with the app. This must mean the Genesis has some type of GPS functionality that works without Connected Services.

Ebbtide

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My 2017 G80 Ultimate is now 3 years old and a number of things expire like remote start, connected services etc. you CANNOT renew just the remote start feature for $100/ year but must rewew all services file $300/year. Ridiculous - wonder how folks will sign up for that.
I wasn't happy with the remote start through the phone or alexa and the crazy price, so I had a remote start installed and it works great. I push the button twice and the car starts right up. No waiting or screwing with alexa to start. It cost $250 and I will be ahead of the game in a little over a year. It was $200 a year at that time.

Ebbtide

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
All, with regard to the remote start. Is there an aftermarket addition that would allow remote start from the key fob at a reasonable install price?
Yes, I had one installed for $250 and it works great. I don't have the model no. handy but I will check if your interested.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, I had one installed for $250 and it works great. I don't have the model no. handy but I will check if your interested.
I'd love to know as well. Do you have to be within 50-100 feet of the car or will it work from anywhere? Do the parking lights flash after it's started?

Thanks!

Ebbtide

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'd love to know as well. Do you have to be within 50-100 feet of the car or will it work from anywhere? Do the parking lights flash after it's started?

Thanks!
It's called CODE ALARM - Professional Series - Model CA4055. It comes with 2 small remote controls that you attach to your key ring. I push the button twice within 2 seconds and the car starts. I guess it would work from 0 to 125 feet or so.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Ebbtide

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
How hot or cold do you think the car is going to get in the few seconds it takes to walk 125 feet? What is the point?
Is that a joke. He asked what the range was. I start the car from the house and wait 5 minutes or so for it to warm up.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Ebbtide

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm more inclined to use when when leaving some place and walking to the parking lot. Could be a 1/4 mile at a stadium, airport, etc. Do they give any specification? The last two I had worked at a pretty good distance. If 125 feet is does not meet my needs.
I doubt it would work anywhere near a 1/4 mile. It doesn't give the range, I just estimated it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums