5.0 evap purge valve location

GENNY429

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Where is the canister purge valve located on 2012 5.0 Genesis sedan. Throwing this code and need to fix.

FloridaGuy

Registered Member
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
There are two purge valves, sometimes the code is not clear which one is at fault. One that goes up front (Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) is inexpensive and is on top of the engine, just under the engine cover.

One in the back (canister close valve) is part of the charcoal canister assembly, it is in the trunk on the floor just behind the back seat. There is a Styrofoam cover and metal plate that you remove to access it. Some have done it from underneath if you have the lifts to do that. Removing it from top only has two screws and a few hoses to unhook.

A common cause of the trouble code is a simple $10 gas cap. When the gas cap check valve sticks, air is not allowed into the evaporative system, causing a too low purge value, setting off the code.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 13
  • common.JPG
    common.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 6

Robequus

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Wow. Thank you for the info. That’s very helpful!

For the last year, it takes me forever to fill the gas tank because the pump continues to shut off as if the tank is full.

Dealership propose “shot gun repair” (my term) by replacing canister close valve, canister, and fuel tank pressure sensor. They didn’t even mention the Dealership propose shotgun repair of replacing canister close valve, canister, and fuel tank pressure sensor. They didn’t even mention the gas cap.

G-83686

Great help. The dealer was going to charge me 75 for the part and 225 labor for the front one. I think I can handle this myself for 20 bucks.

MrSheep

Genesis Model Type

For the last year, it takes me forever to fill the gas tank because the pump continues to shut off as if the tank is full.

Dealership propose “shot gun repair” (my term) by replacing canister close valve, canister, and fuel tank pressure sensor. They didn’t even mention the Dealership propose shotgun repair of replacing canister close valve, canister, and fuel tank pressure sensor. They didn’t even mention the gas cap.
So was it just the gas cap or was it the back vapor canister? I’m having the same problem where it getting to the point where the gas pump stops as if the tank is full and it’s giving me a hard to start after filling up

MrSheep

Genesis Model Type

Did you ever find out if it’s just the gas cap or was it the vapor canister bc mine is doing the same thing yours doing acting like the tank is full and giving me a hard time to start up after filling the tank

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums