5.0 muffler delete...complete.

Getting familiar with the group...
We decided to do a temporary muffler delete instead of swapping out mufflers today.
The reason being was the car has 4 Cats and a resonator and if I didn't like the sound I can bring it back.

I'll most likely be bringing it back as even the though it sounds incredible the drone upon acceleration inside the cabin is loud.
Cruise control at highway speeds is very acceptable but any throttle input gets noisy inside.

Outside this car sounds mean and nasty in a very good way.
The owners could believe how good it sounded. Video doesn't do it justice...the tone is very very deep.

The delete only set me back a easy $100 that will be applied to a muffler swap out in the future if I want so all is good.

I hope this video can answer a few questions and if listened to on a PC with good speakers the tone is appreciable.
[YOUTUBE]yMhhOsdUC14[/YOUTUBE]

That sounds really good, shame it's too much for daily driving. What mufflers are you planning to put on it?

Im thinking Dynomax VT IF THEY'LL FIT. If you think about the concept of VT's it makes since.
The shop is recommending 14" with a center in center out configuration.

I'm still wanting to play with this for now. I've never heard the car break traction before other than from a standing start like it does in this video.
This was filmed with ESC off and it still broke loose.
The vid is prof of un corking and realeasing hp.:cool:

I'm thinking 2 dynomax vt's in place of the stockers and if thats to quite then delete the center x-flow resonater.
Baby steps for now until its perfect.

I'm thinking 2 dynomax vt's in place of the stockers and if thats to quite then delete the center x-flow resonater.
Baby steps for now until its perfect.

As far as I can tell, there is no Y-pipe unless this is what one considers the big resonator in the center of the chassis. More like a resonator combo x-pipe...

Possibilities of dropping the big resionator and making a custom x-flow feeding into dynomax vt's are a definite possibility.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
As far as I can tell, there is no Y-pipe unless this is what one considers the big resonator in the center of the chassis. More like a resonator combo x-pipe...

Possibilities of dropping the big resionator and making a custom x-flow feeding into dynomax vt's are a definite possibility.

The OEM resenator is actually an H pipe. The purpose of this part is to reduce undesired exhaust frequency matted with the other OEM exhaust components. I have changed my exhaust a couple of times, but the last was replacing the OEM H pipe with a muffler with built-in X pipe to reduce exhaust drone with the MagnaFlow mufflers I have.

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
A good exhaust shop can fab up some drone tubes for you, effectively cancelling out the drone at a certain range of RPM. Have that done on mine.

zielritter

Been here awhile...
Union, KY
I was asking about putting a single muffler before the Y pipe to give you best of both worlds, and then realized there isn't a Y pipe on the V8.

There isn't a y-pipe on the V6 either. True dual all the way back.

fiveohaz

Phoenix
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Are the stock mufflers welded to the exhaust tips?
Yes, everything after the resonator is one solid piece. The piece bolts on to the resonator and slips into a rubber grommet that’s up in the rear bumper - shockingly easy to bolt on and off. There are tips welded to the mufflers that slip (very loosely) into the spaces cut out of the back. The actual chrome “tips” that you see from behind are not part of the exhaust system at all, they are attached to the stock rear diffuser. The ones welded to the muffler are ugly but hidden for the most part.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums