5 miles is all I got.

jlgs2000

Hasn't posted much yet...
That sucks. Hope you guys are okay and they fix the GV70 back to new condition.

Zeus69

Registered Member
Central IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
5 miles?!!? jeezus, once i realized everyone was "ok", i would've absolutely freaked.

Starflyer

Vancouver WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Is that a cop in the first picture? Didn't know they took pictures or is there more going on here?

amazonman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Man, that sucks big time. Glad you’re okay.

This is why I got new car replacement coverage on my red GV70.
That would only be applicable if the car was totaled or stolen. More over in today market replacement value on a 5 mile car is the same as new car value.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
5 miles?!!? jeezus, once i realized everyone was "ok", i would've absolutely freaked.
I've been in a couple accidents in my life, but there was one when I had just spent an entire night installing long tube headers and a full exhaust system on a 1988 mustang GT and the next day someone pulled out in front of me and totally the car. That was the only time I was so pissed off that I didn't even get out to check on the other car until I punched the steering wheel repeatedly and yelled a few f bombs first. But hey I got to see the new headers and exhaust system as it got towed away. Pretty sure if feel the same way in this situation too.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The car will show up as being in an accident and being repaired. Later on when you sell, someone will pull a car fax and see the wreck and you just lost value. Hard to figure how much that will be, but anyone or a dealer buying the car down the road will not pay the same value for a previously wrecked and repaired car vs one with a clean history. The person who hit you is responsible for your future loss. The argument will be that value and expect the insurance company to balk. Take the owner to small claims court which her insurance company will defend her at. Once a court date is set maybe they will settle. I’d ask for at least $2k in diminished resale value but I just pulled that number out of the air for not sure what is fair and tangible?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The car will show up as being in an accident and being repaired. Later on when you sell, someone will pull a car fax and see the wreck and you just lost value. Hard to figure how much that will be, but anyone or a dealer buying the car down the road will not pay the same value for a previously wrecked and repaired car vs one with a clean history. The person who hit you is responsible for your future loss. The argument will be that value and expect the insurance company to balk. Take the owner to small claims court which her insurance company will defend her at. Once a court date is set maybe they will settle. I’d ask for at least $2k in diminished resale value but I just pulled that number out of the air for not sure what is fair and tangible?
Looks like there is a formula.

vin0770

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Just picked up my GV70 from the dealer. Drove 5 miles and some girl slammed into my driver side. Now I get to deal with insurance.
Had mine six weeks and someone managed to hit my driver’s side chrome exhaust tip (3.5tt) and splinter that waffle plastic around it while in a parking lot. I heard this rattling for a couple days and thought it was my hard hat it the back, or second row seat buckle…and then realized it sounded more like when one of the mounting bolts for my new Borlas on my C6 fell out and heard that metal rattle. Sure as hell I walked to the back and the exhaust tip is hanging by only one hanger.

Those tips are actually cones and aren’t connected to the tail pipe at all and mount to that waffle plastic. So with this “shortage” of everything I thought it would take forever for that part to arrive…five days! I was shocked…$1200 fix 😢

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BMos4242

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Had mine six weeks and someone managed to hit my driver’s side chrome exhaust tip (3.5tt) and splinter that waffle plastic around it while in a parking lot. I heard this rattling for a couple days and thought it was my hard hat it the back, or second row seat buckle…and then realized it sounded more like when one of the mounting bolts for my new Borlas on my C6 fell out and heard that metal rattle. Sure as hell I walked to the back and the exhaust tip is hanging by only one hanger.

Those tips are actually cones and aren’t connected to the tail pipe at all and mount to that waffle plastic. So with this “shortage” of everything I thought it would take forever for that part to arrive…five days! I was shocked…$1200 fix 😢
That's my fear is the parts will take forever to get. I can't even get a estimate until mid December. Glad your tip worked out pretty pricey though. I guess I will know what they are thinking next month.

kjhill

Just picked up my GV70 from the dealer. Drove 5 miles and some girl slammed into my driver side. Now I get to deal with insurance.
Having been there myself (accident, right front, late October I sincerely hope there are not parts that Genesis has to supply as many are not easy to get. Part numbers between the various model iterations are part of the problem for both the insurance adjuster and the Hyundai parts department. So far, even with the help of their customer service, it has taken 6 weeks to get all but one part (air duct) that is expected next week. Still better than original estimate of January 2022. Hope to have it back by mid-December. Hope you have better luck.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners