A type of Auto Hold is always on.

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Thread starter #1
You know what the auto-hold function does right? You might think that one feature would be that you can stop on a steep hill and not worry about rolling back when it's time to go. You would be right. But, did you know that it is not necessary to use that function to stop the car from rolling back?

The G90 has an auto brake hold system that is always on. I stumbled upon this feature in the manual. If you stop on a hill, the brakes will hold the car for 2 seconds while you transition to the accelerator and go. I've tried it and it really works. If you wait the 2 seconds it will roll back against the transmission. Very cool.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
You know what the auto-hold function does right? You might think that one feature would be that you can stop on a steep hill and not worry about rolling back when it's time to go. You would be right. But, did you know that it is not necessary to use that function to stop the car from rolling back?

The G90 has an auto brake hold system that is always on. I stumbled upon this feature in the manual. If you stop on a hill, the brakes will hold the car for 2 seconds while you transition to the accelerator and go. I've tried it and it really works. If you wait the 2 seconds it will roll back against the transmission. Very cool.
I didn’t know that!
Thanks

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yesterday I happened to have the Auto Hold on and went tot he car wash. I guess I never did it that way before, but you have to turn it off to go through the wash.
The good new is, my car looks good again. The weather at home has been nasty with snow and road residue so it has not been washed in a while.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.