• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Accelerator "feel" (punching it)

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I finally crossed over the 600 mile break-in mark while driving on the open highway this last weekend. I decided to see what it would do, and opened it up for the first time.

At first I pressed and felt a stop of the pedal - and was disappointed in the performance of the car. I pushed a little harder and felt a bit of a click, and the pedal went considerably further. Is that normal to feel - or should the full pedal range be smooth?

Even though it's just the 3.8, she opened up. I think it dropped from 8th gear to 4th, and was impressed for this heavy car with the smallest engine go from 65 to ### in no time. I can't imagine the 5 liter V8!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Incredible... thanks for the tip. Yes, the 3.8L.

Disconnecting the battery won't flush all my radio stations, seat programs, MPG averages, and GPS favorites, right?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Incredible... thanks for the tip. Yes, the 3.8L.

Disconnecting the battery won't flush all my radio stations, seat programs, MPG averages, and GPS favorites, right?
I would not disconnect the battery when close to vehicle inspection time. This will reset stored emissions info readable from the OBDll and the only way to correct for that is a number of drive cycles to re-validate emission test cycles. Inspections will typically fail with open emissions data. I learned the hard way don’t replace a battery the day before your going in for inspection. Took me a week of around town driving to complete needed drive cycles for a re-inspection.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums