Accumulated G70 issues

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
I am using my memory to recall those issues raised by several or more posters here. I exclude most of the technology issues since they were solved with the help of the manual and member suggestions.

What are the issues we have encountered here more than once or twice?

Transmission jerking, sliding between gears, shift failures

Sunroof rattle

Start/stop system failure

A/C hissing

Brake vibrations

Adaptive cruise control module failure

Coolant smell (unexplained)

Underseat speakers performance questions

Trim (Exterior-chrome and grille discolor) and interior trim (console chips/peel)

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Adaptive Cruise control module failure and replacement

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I am using my memory to recall those issues raised by several or more posters here. I exclude most of the technology issues since they were solved with the help of the manual and member suggestions.

Sunroof rattle

A/C hissing

Brake vibrations

Seems like a good summary. Also, dealership woes. Not a car design or quality issue, but still an ownership issue in many cases.
Unexplained, persistent coolant smell.

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis G70
That trick hasn't fixed my issue with it.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
That trick hasn't fixed my issue with it.
Have you posted anywhere that yours was not working? Make a dealer appointment and let us know what the issue is. Unfortunately someone always has to be the first, but you might find that its easily fixed or a nonissue

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I have and am also waiting for my next dealer appointment from them to check it.

If I am not mistaken, when you update your maps it also updates the system firmware and on that note, they sold me the car(1 month ago) with V11 maps so I was considering old software may be the issue as well.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
I have posted my dealer activity about this in the technology sub forum. To expect my mechanic to diagnose and improve the Lexicon system is at least a step too far in expectations. New cars on the lot had same subwoof response to music as mine. I decided the crossover is set at uncommon level and my input does not waken the speaker. I accommodate myself.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis G70

Sunroof rattle

A/C hissing

Brake vibrations

Coolant smell (unexplained)

Underseat speakers performance questions
The peeling issue on the center console (just noticed that thread)

Gnarlly

Registered Member
Maryland
Genesis G70
I somewhat feel like I dodged a bullet on most of these issues by getting the 6MT Sport version, as it does not have an AT, sunroof, start/stop system, adaptive cruise control, map system requiring an update/software that may effect the infotainment, or the same trim around the shifter. I haven't experienced the A/C hissing, coolant smell, brakes vibrating, or issues with speakers (yet - just passed 5,000 miles). But even so, I'm a bit upset with the number of issues that are developing with the other versions of the car. With all the praise and awards the G70 received initially, and Hyundai supposedly near the top in quality reviews these days, the number of issues springing up is kind of shocking and really disheartening.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
I feel like we need to add an asterisk to this thread. *like any car company there will be issues identified by customers. Because you are on a forum, and specifically a thread called ‘accumulated G70 issues’ you will be exposed to more defects than any one person normally would be. Please keep in mind that there are thousands of people without these issues, as only a small percentage of people who bought G70s even come to these forums. These are edge cases, identified only to assist people with faster research and resolutions.

Gnarlly

Registered Member
Maryland
Genesis G70
Step back a second. Only one person is having a hissing fix problem, a few of each are having other problems. Stop and look where you are. You are reading this on a forum that is a small portion of the owners and we tend to be more vocal and like all humans we complain more than praise.

The problems are very real and very annoying for those experiencing them. Pick a car brand, join their forums and you will see the same thing going on there too. You will find people saying "I never had a problem with my XXX car" and you will find others saying "I had problems with every XXX I owned"

Don't be discouraged. Yes, there are some cars with problems but meantime, enjoy yours. If you find a brand that never had an issue, let us know, we all want one of them.
Very true!

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
My original post was to collect those items that had appeared here in the past months in a single location. Those interested can go search the site for the specific affected vehicles. A synopsis of accumulated issues.
As a new model in a new brand I think this is a small amount and agree with Ed that we constitute a non-random group more likely to arrive here looking for real or potential problems. Here is a list. It is short, not comprehensive, but, also somewhat comforting, they are few

Revvdmedia

Registered Member
All of those issues are echoed on the Kia Stinger. Seems shared parts can be put to blame since issues exist on both. The only thing I haven't seen on the Genesis forums (so far) is paint issues. The paint on the Stinger is questionable at times, and defective on some owner's cars too.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums