• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2.0T Actual Tracked Mileage With Real Driving Numbers vs In-Vehicle Estimation (G70 2.0T)

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There is a similar thread that exists for the 3.3TT, and others for various Genesis models and engines, but I can't find anything devoted to the 2.0T. So here it is. Bear in mind that mine is a 6MT, which is EPA rated slightly lower than the 8AT. When posting your actual mileage (miles divided by gallons) versus the dash computer, please specify your transmission, city or highway (or mixed), and any other relevant factors.

My first calculation was on my refueling yesterday. Mixed driving, but mostly city. "Spirited" and in sport mode much of the time. Computer: 20.0 mpg. Actual: 19.1 mpg.

What say you?

Gnarlly

Registered Member
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2L AT and about 10% lower actual than indicated mixed driving over several tanksful.
Ditto with my 6MT. With a mix of highway and stop-and-go driving, I average about 22 MPG actual vs 24 indicated. Likely another example of the trickery used by manufacturers to inflate their MPG numbers to meet EPA standards. I do average high 20's with consistent highway driving, about in the 28MPG range.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Out of curiosity, how are you guys calculating the actual MPG?

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Out of curiosity, how are you guys calculating the actual MPG?
I am filling the fuel tank (without topping it off), and then driving until next refuel. Measuring distance traveled. Refilling (without topping off), measuring gallons used. Dividing total miles by total gallons.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use the same station pumps for several but not all fuel stops. I live 10 miles from South Carolina line and it is 10-15 cents/gallon cheaper there so if I am going that way I divert. Also SC has discount liquor stores and NC has state ABC stores so savings for everybody!

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All highway driving today. Two lane highways, flat, and very few stoplights or traffic. Eco mode. 60 to 65 mph.

Computer: 36.8 mpg
Actual: 32.7 mpg

12.5% error on the dash computer.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Ah, sorry, didn't see that part!

I can't help but wonder about the differences in pumps being used, and the consistency of said pumps filling up the tank to auto shutoff (ie one pump may auto shutoff sooner than another pump). Results could be skewed from this.

ventogt

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
@Toddasaurus I always reset the trip ODO when I fill up and divide mileage on the trip odo by gallons, that gives you the miles per gallon for that specific fill. There are apps like Fuelly that you can enter this data in and it will track over time for you

Last edited:

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You don't say sorry about a damn thing lol. After reading your thread about the turbo replacement you are a rare candidate to own something truly awesome that regular people are discouraged due to high maintenance costs. Thinking Aston Martin V12, etc..

And the way you calculate mileage above is the same as I do. Although coming from a truck I have yet to care about mileage on this car it's so good relatively speaking.

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OK — here’s a new one. Almost all city driving. Remember, this is with 6MT. Used 93 octane on this one, too.

Computer: 17.2 mpg
Actual: 15.7 mpg

Wow! Spirited driving, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OK — here’s a new one. Almost all city driving. Remember, this is with 6MT. Used 93 octane on this one, too.

Computer: 17.2 mpg
Actual: 15.7 mpg

Wow! Spirited driving, perhaps? :rolleyes:
Haha, I feel you. Ive been getting between 12-16 mpg lately. All city driving, and I have been known to do some nice little drifts every now and again....pretty much every day. 😇

Evidently I've been enjoying the upgrades.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums