• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Added coolant and bleed the system car won’t start

YaBoiKev

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Yesterday my car tends to overheat a lot for about a month or so and I decided to add so coolant through the radiator cap and it took a lot but it went through at least a bottle and a little of another and it started completely fine I drive it a little and I turned the heater on it worked a little and then it stopped and pushed cold air and heat went up til I decided to put the car back together at home and then crank

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Did the engine seize since you have been driving the car while the coolant overheated? Maybe this is why the car will no longer start as the engine may be seized? Need more info, and feel free to use a comma where appropriate - your post is difficult to read.

YaBoiKev

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Did the engine seize since you have been driving the car while the coolant overheated? Maybe this is why the car will no longer start as the engine may be seized? Need more info, and feel free to use a comma where appropriate - your post is difficult to read.
When I turned it on after that hour of putting everything away it cranked and it did (I’m guessing so because I’ve heard an engine seize before) but then it started working a little bit again

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums