adding factory rear seat entertainment screen from Ultimate to my 2011 Signature

tcrawford97

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
recently purchased a 2011 Equus Signature, and absolutely love all the amenities the car offers, but was wondering if the rear seat entertainment from the Ultimate could be added to the Signature without a lot of headache? I found a salvage pull on ebay for around $150 and it looks like it comes with all the wiring harness, but am unsure if its just a plug-and-play or if it requires other steps ( i.e. programming factory headunit, swapping headunit to Ultimate, replacing center console etc... ) I work in the car audio industry, but just wondering if this has been attempted yet from anyone in the forum?

thanks in advance

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Welcome and congrats on the new car!

Pure conjecture on my part, but I bet this is much more involved than a simple plug-n-play project. Even if you're experienced in audio installs, I wouldn't attempt it. Just my 2 cents!

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

John M

It's just a Hyundai...
Milledgeville, GA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I briefly considered it but it does require a console swap. The console armrest / opening is smaller and of course it has the mounts for the screen to connect to.

I was willing to take the chance that it's plug-n-play but I don't want to deal with a different console since mine is flawless and I want all the elbow-resting real estate I can get. The front camera is supposed to plug right in so the rear monitor would likely be no different.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners