Advanced Pkg or Prestige?

G80FAN

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm curious what others think of Advanced Pkg vs. Prestige? For me, can't see the utility of a third row that can only (comfortably) sit kids vs adults. Maybe the additional room once 3rd row is folded down is an attraction, but I'm on the fence. Seems advanced Pkg competes more with the BMW X5 and maybe the Audi Q8 style 2-row SUV's? Thanks,

XBOHDPuKC

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
This is the confusion I think this forum has been trying to clear up, but not sure where we ended. I think Prestige does NOT have a 3rd row, while Adv+ does. For me, if I end up with a GV80 prestige is the way to go, since I absolutely do not need a 3rd row. I agree, Prestige is in line with BMW X5 and Audi Q8 offerings - which I am going back and forth between as well :)

G80FAN

Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Okay, maybe found my answer? … found the following off motor1.com dated March 5, 2020 by Christopher Smith:
https://www.motor1.com/news/402582/2021-genesis-gv80-price

Specifically, the GV80 3.5T Standard AWD starts at $59,150. Advanced jumps to $64,350, and Prestige reaches $70,950. At that price point you get 22-inch wheels, Nappa leather for the seats, the 12.3-inch 3D instrument cluster, power/ventilated second-row seats, heads-up display, and all available driver-assist systems.

It’s also the only way to get the automaker’s road-noise cancellation system, which basically uses sound waves to cancel out sound coming from outside the vehicle. Speaking of only way, Genesis does offer the GV80 with a third-row seat. You can only get it on the 3.5T Advanced+ model, however, which starts at $65,050.

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
The only way to get third row seating is the either get the 3.5 Advanced+ or the Prestige. Unfortunately neither of these two packages are available without the third row.

It is rather clear on the official US and Canadian websites the Prestige has ALL the features of the 3.5T Advanced+/Elite but adds a few more luxuries.

In Canada, there is no 3.5T Advanced plus instead there is the 3.5T Elite which I assume is the equivalent as this is where they add the 3rd row seating which is carried over to the 3.5T Prestige just like in the US.

Last edited:

MrLatte

Registered Member
Washington State
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The only way to get third row seating is the either get the 3.5 Advanced+ or the Prestige. Unfortunately neither of these two packages are available without the third row.

It is rather clear on the official US and Canadian websites the Prestige has ALL the features of the 3.5T Advanced+/Elite but adds a few more luxuries.

In Canada, there is no 3.5T Advanced plus instead there is the 3.5T Elite which I assume is the equivalent as this is where they add the 3rd row seating which is carried over to the 3.5T Prestige just like in the US.
Ummm...no.
The Prestige package includes all the features of the Advanced package (not the Advanced+ package), plus the items listed. This is on the US site - it appears the Prestige package does NOT have a 3rd row. Unless something changed recently, I thought this was settled as much as it could be before we actually see the cars.

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
3.5 Prestige has 2 rows only. they had a hybrid in Miami for the launch that showed the third row. Advance + add the third row if I recall. I also believe the Prestige is the only way to get the contrast leather colors for the steering wheel at least (personally love two tone look in leather). Faux leather dash and lesser leather seats on the Advanced as was stated above.

Is Nappa leather seating and leather dash (not faux leather), heads up and 2nd row heating and cooling seats and fully digital dash worth $6,600???? To each their own. I think I'd be fine with the Advanced the more I look at value etc...

G80FAN

Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks everyone for response. I did get a response from dealership confirming the only package that includes 3rd row is Advanced +.
ctsooner - agreed, to each their own regarding $6,600 up-charge for Prestige Pkg based on own personal value of what you get.
With that said, I have pre-ordered (first right of refusal) a 3.5T AWD Advanced Pkg in Savile Silver / All Black Interior.

LanceP

Registered Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks everyone for response. I did get a response from dealership confirming the only package that includes 3rd row is Advanced +.
ctsooner - agreed, to each their own regarding $6,600 up-charge for Prestige Pkg based on own personal value of what you get.
With that said, I have pre-ordered (first right of refusal) a 3.5T AWD Advanced Pkg in Savile Silver / All Black Interior.
Nice color combo! I've been interested in what color combo people on here plan to order/get. I think I've seen a lot of the Uyuni white/Dune mentioned on here. I myself have been eyeing that Cardiff Green and Savile Silver.

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
This means the Canadian model Prestige is different since it clearly states "Power folding 3rd row seats" in the included options.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 5.04.01 AM.png

G80FAN

Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi Midnightsun - guess this explains the "genesis" (no pun intended) of the uncertainty or confusion all along. This validates that content of trim packages and what is included within can vary depending upon region. In this case USA vs. Canada. Thank you!

ctsooner

Registered Member
Berlin, CT
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most companies do this. Heck, there was a Panasonic razor I wanted. Saw it overseas and the US doesn't get it. Canada does though, so I found a place in Toronto and bought it. Works GREAT and was so glad I did that.

My friend used to buy used Porsche's from Canada and bring them back to the US to sell. He made a lot of money for the few years that exchange rate made it worth it. There were always subtle differences between trim levels adn what was offered.

wheeling

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This means the Canadian model Prestige is different since it clearly states "Power folding 3rd row seats" in the included options.

View attachment 28816
Wondering what is "Driver state warning with camera"? The US models has a "Driver Attention Warning" system, are these same thing or not?

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada

wheeling

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Pretty darn sure it is the same. The US site is just not using the official Hyundai wording however bottom line refers to the same feature. Same with power latch doors which is soft close doors, same feature, different wording. Hyundai Mobis Develops Driver State Warning System Monitoring Driver's Gaze Direction, Expected to Prevent Big Traffic Accidents
Thanks for the reply. More questions. is Genesis AWD always on or only when detecting wheel spin? Is the glass acoustically laminated?

Zhenocnra

Registered Member
I'm curious what others think of Advanced Pkg vs. Prestige? For me, can't see the utility of a third row that can only (comfortably) sit kids vs adults. Maybe the additional room once 3rd row is folded down is an attraction, but I'm on the fence. Seems advanced Pkg competes more with the BMW X5 and maybe the Audi Q8 style 2-row SUV's? Thanks,

I agree on the third row. If I wanted to use a third row, I wouldn't buy it from Genesis. I'd get a Lincoln Navigator extended wheelbase instead or even maybe a Escalade ESV (but Cadillac would have to pile the offers on the hood). Honestly I don't like driving around the extra weight of an "emergency" third row. I'm sure for some people they can justify the penalties of the additional weight and more moving parts. I, on the other hand, am not interested in that. I can financially and logically justify having two vehicles, a full-size three row SUV or van and a two row SUV, to fulfill all my needs compared to trying to fit all of those SAME needs into a single mid-sized three row SUV.

Honestly, the GLS and X7 might be a bit more luxurious or performance orientated but we don't have an Autobahn in the US so I see no reason to make my third row (or second row) occupants compromise on space just because I want to throw around my SUV on the track or streets. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that; The GLS AMG models and X7 (and possible X8) all have a purpose on the track contrary to what "enthusiasts" might fantasize about.

To be honest, if I could I would option a Lincoln Aviator without the third row. Part of the reason is that there is no "true" passthrough from the second row seats. Lincoln still puts that annoying plastic passthrough cup-holder thing on the floor (even if you get the captain chairs) which is basically useless. I want a true passthrough with nothing on the floor (if I were to get captain chairs in a three row SUV) or a full three seat bench for the second row.

In my opinion, headroom and legroom are safety concerns for third row occupants in cramped third row SUV's. Just because there are seatbelts doesn't mean adults let alone children should sit back there. There are some three row SUV's that actually have warning labels that advise how tall a person is allowed to be if they sit in the third row. That says enough at least for me.

Thanks for the reply. More questions. is Genesis AWD always on or only when detecting wheel spin? Is the glass acoustically laminated?

What we really need is a video of the GV80 performing the diagonal AWD test, especially on an incline. Like the tests that CarQuestion performs.

G-6649

Ummm...no.
The Prestige package includes all the features of the Advanced package (not the Advanced+ package), plus the items listed. This is on the US site - it appears the Prestige package does NOT have a 3rd row. Unless something changed recently, I thought this was settled as much as it could be before we actually see the cars.
Prestige does not have 3rd row. I just purchased 2 weeks ago. Still exploring tech features. Love the power and ride.

nixit

Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just realized that the 2.5 w/ Prestige gets you the 22" wheels but not the quilted Nappa Leather Seating Surfaces, which explains why I keep seeing "Advanced" seats combined w/ 22" rims on GV80 listings. Doh!

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums