• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T AEM intake install + more

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Correct - active aero is essentially removed when installing the snorkels. According to the FSM, the function of said aero flaps is solely for high speed stability. So, if you don't plan on going super fast all the time it wouldn't make any difference! Haha.

As for what speed they're supposed to initiate, I have no idea. Also, what kind of difference it makes, no idea. Haha.
Got it, yea no idea what high speed means but if it’s anything like the manuals definitions of ‘severe usage’ it might mean 50mph lol. Not a fan of compromising stock functionality, no matter how small though. The snorkels will be a pass for me. Too bad someone can’t make one that doesn’t touch our active aero though

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I’m just now really getting through reading this thread haha. @joschneider you can always borrow my car and take the wife out for intake and exhaust tests to see if she approves of them lol 😂

and @Toddasaurus we have active aero on our cars? Lol Am I totally missing this? Haha

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I’m just now really getting through reading this thread haha. @joschneider you can always borrow my car and take the wife out for intake and exhaust tests to see if she approves of them lol 😂

and @Toddasaurus we have active aero on our cars? Lol Am I totally missing this? Haha

Yup, it's a set of flaps in front of the radiator, integrated into the shroud. The FSM states they close at high speeds to increase stability. *shrug*

IMG_20190512_202918.jpg

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL dude last weekend (I think?) we were driving down the Blvd and I def noticed your car about 5 cars ahead of us at a light. I noticed because as soon as it turned green I heard a modified exhaust and looked around and saw you halfway hidden behind another car so we couldnt catch up ;) BTW what exhaust do you have? Ive totally forgotten. It sounded pretty damn good from how far away we were haha

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums