AFE intake fitment issues

TwentyThreeG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looking for some advice from those who have the AFE intakes successfully installed on their G70. I'm about 1/2 way through the installation process and it's a bit wild how off the fitment is. I understand where all of the bolts are supposed to go but it just ain't going to happen. There is approx a 1/2" gap between where the front of the intake is supposed to bolt to the Ram air scoops on the back side of the bumper. Additionally on the passengers side there is just a clearance issue with the bracket it is supposed to mount to. Anyone have these same issues and how did you solve it?

TwentyThreeG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can see the gap here, this is with the two bolts inside of the housing loosely fitted, Maybe I just use a long bolt and try to find a spacer?
20221123_113337.jpg

This is the part that fits to the passengers side and has some clearance issues, I think I would have to shave off the plastic part of this in order to get it to fit correctly.
20221123_113313.jpg

This bracket where the intake housing is supposed to mount, the corner I am pointing to doesn't clear the shape of the housing, so there is no for the housing to be low enough to fit under the strut brace. this one I have no idea how to fix.
20221123_113246.jpg

TwentyThreeG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To Close this out in case anyone in the future has the same issues. For the first picture above I used Spacers and a 1.25" sheet metal screw. To solve the issue in picture 2 & 3 I used a Dremel and cut a few slits near where the bolt goes in Picture 2, this allowed for a better fitment and slid the entire housing towards the front of the car solving the issue in Picture 3.

Genny Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Massachusetts
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looking for some advice from those who have the AFE intakes successfully installed on their G70. I'm about 1/2 way through the installation process and it's a bit wild how off the fitment is. I understand where all of the bolts are supposed to go but it just ain't going to happen. There is approx a 1/2" gap between where the front of the intake is supposed to bolt to the Ram air scoops on the back side of the bumper. Additionally on the passengers side there is just a clearance issue with the bracket it is supposed to mount to. Anyone have these same issues and how did you solve it?
@SLEEPIN can probably assist. I think he has that one installed on his iirc.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!