Aftermarket downpipes!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I dont think you re
View attachment 18708

Lap3 officially has a downpipe solution for the G70. Has an option for a high flow cat as well. Looks very nice, but not cheap. Hopefully we see more options come in soon which will ultimately just benefit the consumer even more.

LAP3 Authentic Primary Downpipes | LAP3
I dont want to mess with the primaries since they are monitored and I believe some on the stinger forum had issues. I may replace the secondary that have no sensors . Junbl makes a set. I may contact SSR.

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I dont think you re
I dont want to mess with the primaries since they are monitored and I believe some on the stinger forum had issues. I may replace the secondary that have no sensors . Junbl makes a set. I may contact SSR.
I've heard the same thing. Have o2 sensor bungs, but the people that put in custom DP's did it without cats. Also, some sort of tuning solution is basically required, otherwise you WILL get a CEL.

Next thing I'm hoping for are a set of midpipes (with HFC's), then a good sounding exhaust. Perhaps ARK would be just right, as it would be a little louder with the aforementioned mods.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I called Ssr today. They said they will eventually look into the G70 stinger fit. When I asked if they would ship a set out and let me test fit. The response was go online and purchase. Then I said NO for free man and I will be your test car, he laughed. Anyone in Cali they may work with you. I think with that response and the AWD fitment issues I have been reading on the stinger forum, I think I am just going with Junbl downpipes then eventually get the junbl evc.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I called Ssr today. They said they will eventually look into the G70 stinger fit. When I asked if they would ship a set out and let me test fit. The response was go online and purchase. Then I said NO for free man and I will be your test car, he laughed. Anyone in Cali they may work with you. I think with that response and the AWD fitment issues I have been reading on the stinger forum, I think I am just going with Junbl downpipes then eventually get the junbl evc.
Bummer thank you for calling though

Toddasaurus

Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Crawled under my car today. The OEM midpipes really don't look that restrictive. If anything the only restriction would be at the back end of them where the secondary cats are. There is a bit of a crumpled looking transition from the pipe to the cat, but it's not bad at all.

Also, one thing I found very interesting.....the factory exhaust *might* actually already have an x-pipe. Take a look....

The middle section the arrow is pointing to is pretty dang thick, it seems hollow in there when up close. Interesting. If it is indeed an x-pipe, my bet is that they're using it for noise cancelling. But who knows.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good find I wonder if it is connected. I was under to disconnect axle back to see what muffler delete sounded like and didnt even notice that.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well it was just a test. Sounded pretty good but too loud for me, maybe if I was 20 years younger I would be ok. My biggest dilemma with mods wheels and exhaust. You would think with todays technology there would be better wheel tire configurators that allow fitment for larger size tires and wheels. Exhaust you just got to hear in person I guess.

Toddasaurus

Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well it was just a test. Sounded pretty good but too loud for me, maybe if I was 20 years younger I would be ok. My biggest dilemma with mods wheels and exhaust. You would think with todays technology there would be better wheel tire configurators that allow fitment for larger size tires and wheels. Exhaust you just got to hear in person I guess.
I can understand that. As of right now I'm reconsidering even doing anything to the exhaust, as I really don't want it to be any louder than it is....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.