• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Aftermarket Exhaust options!

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There is no option, not in Canada or anywhere else I have heard. Pretty stupid on Genesis' to call their car G70 sport but doesn't have sports exhaust/option.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Aftermarket exhausts are available from S. Korea specifically for the G70. One company even has dyno graphs for each exhaust, along with videos showcasing the sound. Pretty nice. Here is an example...

JUN.B.L Genesis G70 3.3 T-GDI Racing Cat Back Exhaust 17 + SHIPPED

And the video if you don't want to click on the above link...

Personally, I am waiting for an American company to design/build one.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's a few out for the Stinger. From the exhaust manufacturer's point of view it's likely a simple length adjustment to deal with the wheelbase variance. Borla offers one through Stingerhaus as a dealer add-on in the States. If there's demand the exhaust companies will respond. Moot point for me as I'm over loud exhausts - just give me a spring package that offers a moderate drop and I'm happy.

AnyVare

Hasn't posted much yet...
VA
I'd bet most of the exhaust accessories that already out for the Stinger will work on the G70 with very minor tweaks. Same for the CAIs. Once the cars officially launched, it won't take the aftermarket long before things start showing up.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They are certainly doing themselves a disservice by doing that..

Either way, I am confident an American company or shop will give us better sounding options with similar performance gains.
Maybe some FlowMasters or MagnaFlows would be awesome

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I
There's a few out for the Stinger. From the exhaust manufacturer's point of view it's likely a simple length adjustment to deal with the wheelbase variance. Borla offers one through Stingerhaus as a dealer add-on in the States. If there's demand the exhaust companies will respond. Moot point for me as I'm over loud exhausts - just give me a spring package that offers a moderate drop and I'm happy.
I agree, a nice sport exhaust was a must for me when looking for a new car but when i compared the G70 to all the other options i gave up on the exhaust, i would pay a couple thousand dollars for a nice aftermarket but it would need to be adjustable based on drive mode.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I

I agree, a nice sport exhaust was a must for me when looking for a new car but when i compared the G70 to all the other options i gave up on the exhaust, i would pay a couple thousand dollars for a nice aftermarket but it would need to be adjustable based on drive mode.
So...is the G70 sound that bad? I had a buddy in Toronto test one...they gave it to him for 24 hours. He called me up...we even did FaceTime, etc. He put the phone up to the exhaust and I heard it purring. He then left the phone there and went to rev it. Thing sounded awesome.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So...is the G70 sound that bad? I had a buddy in Toronto test one...they gave it to him for 24 hours. He called me up...we even did FaceTime, etc. He put the phone up to the exhaust and I heard it purring. He then left the phone there and went to rev it. Thing sounded awesome.
My impression of all the stock engine startups and revs is that it sounds a little high-pitched and whiny on video, but when you get down to it it isn't a deep throaty growl, but it isn't a ricer sound either. I'm imagining it as being closer to the throatier end of the spectrum

This video gives a good listen to the engine from inside the car (which honestly to me the most important part seeing as thats the only place I'll be hearing it from) -- sounds pretty good if you ask me:

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
The active engine sound inside is great and keeps me satisfied, i would obviously prefer more crackles and pops of something like an AMG exhaust which also has valves you can close but the rest of the G70 more than makes up for IMO an average exhaust note

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is obviously a personal view, but I don’t get the obsession with loud engines and especially the snaps and pops. To me, it sounds like something is very wrong with the engine. I also live in downtown Toronto and there’s more than enough noise on the street — the people who drive by with loud, aftermarket exhausts just seem like show off douchebags to me. Again, personal opinion. If I could have a motor that was completely silent but performed perfectly, I’d take it. Obviously this is going to happen eventually with electric cars. Having said all that, I don’t like strained engine sounds so I hope the 3.3T is at least pleasing.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Of course, the inside sound isn't the sound the engine/exhaust is actually making but an "augmented" version of same. Lots of cars do this now. It's sort of become the norm. But it does strike me as kind of tacky, kind of like those guitars that you can buy brand new that are distressed to look like their worn from years of touring with a band.

It's not a big deal to me, either in the case of the cars or the guitars and wouldn't stop me from buying something I otherwise thought suited me well. But in both cases, I much prefer the real thing to anything simulated, distressed, enhanced, or otherwise artificial.

Of course, the real thing can go too far, in some cases. As great as the 2018 Mustang I drove sounded (and it was really great), I think I'd tire of that much exhaust noise on a constant basis. I didn't get a chance to sample the one with the controllable flap that regulates how much exhaust you hear. That seems like the ideal configuration so that you can hear it when you want it but not when you don't.

I'm sure after-market vendors will be offering exhausts for the G70 at some point but I doubt I'd spend the money or endure the inconvenience of having the stock system swapped out. I just wish there was a bit more personality in the stock system. Not quite to the level of the Mustang but perhaps more like, say, my Infiniti G37 6MT, which had a pretty nice exhaust note -- quiet at partial throttle but with a distinct growl at higher throttle openings. Similar type car (although a coupe) but the exhaust definitely had some personality to it. But it's a small thing and wouldn't influence my purchasing decision very much.

tymless

Registered Member
Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The active engine sound inside is great and keeps me satisfied, i would obviously prefer more crackles and pops of something like an AMG exhaust which also has valves you can close but the rest of the G70 more than makes up for IMO an average exhaust note
Agree with this. I would like the exhaust to be a bit louder, with maybe a burp on a downshift like my Audi S3 does, or some pops like Mercedes. Nothing crazy, but it just makes the driving experience that much more fun for me. Sadly since I plan to lease, there will be no sort of exhaust modification in my near G70 future :(

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Agree with this. I would like the exhaust to be a bit louder, with maybe a burp on a downshift like my Audi S3 does, or some pops like Mercedes. Nothing crazy, but it just makes the driving experience that much more fun for me. Sadly since I plan to lease, there will be no sort of exhaust modification in my near G70 future :(
You can absolutely modify your leased car!!!!

You just have to return it as you bought it.

I do it with all my leases. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums