Aftermarket Exhaust - Passenger Side seems to have more flow.

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
West Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I installed a Maintec aftermarket exhaust on my car in August. Now that it's colder, I only see one side spewing exhaust when I start it in the morning. I'm wondering if others see this too with their exhausts. I seem to remember the stock exhaust exiting equally from both sides at startup last winter. There is exhaust coming out the driver side to, but way less at idle

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I installed a Maintec aftermarket exhaust on my car in August. Now that it's colder, I only see one side spewing exhaust when I start it in the morning. I'm wondering if others see this too with their exhausts. I seem to remember the stock exhaust exiting equally from both sides at startup last winter. There is exhaust coming out the driver side to, but way less at idle
Do you have a way to verify that the valves are opening and closing properly? Your description leads me to believe one of the valves isn't opening fully or is possibly stuck closed.

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
West Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have a way to verify that the valves are opening and closing properly? Your description leads me to believe one of the valves isn't opening fully or is possibly stuck closed.
It's actually a good point. The valves are spring loaded, and close when their isn't a vacuum, but if one did manage to stick open, that would explain it.

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
West Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This ultimately was the issue. I'm going to to get some silicone lubricant for them. Thanks again!

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This ultimately was the issue. I'm going to to get some silicone lubricant for them. Thanks again!
Good to hear you have it figured out. I just recently purchased a used variable exhaust from another member and both valves are stuck open on mine, so that's why the thought of stuck valves immediately popped into my head in your case.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums