Alarm acknowledgement.

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just got my G70s 3.3 twin turbo sport last week. When I activate the alarm (two clicks on the key fob), the hazard lights blink a couple of times and the side view mirrors fold in. The car is locked and the alarm light at the front of the car goes on. The owners manual says it should also beep, which doesn’t happen.

I’ve approached several different people at the dealership Hyundai that is sistered to the genesis boutique and the fellow in the boutique. Haven’t got the same answer twice.

Is there a fuse I should be looking at, or a setting on the screen that I should be looking at?

Please advise.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not the fob, but it states the car will chime once. That is evidently not happening. IMO, that would be a good thing but others want it.
My mistake

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There is something wrong with your car. Everytime you press the lock or unlock buttons for locking/unlocking the car should chime.
Thanks. I was hoping I could avoid having to take my car in for service. I’m pretty handy so if it’s something I can do myself I’d rather do so.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. I was hoping I could avoid having to take my car in for service. I’m pretty handy so if it’s something I can do myself I’d rather do so.
Go through all the settings. Perhaps there is an option to turn that off. This car has so many crazy settings.

I posted the online manual in the appropriate thread. Download the PDF and do a search.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do the chime sounds (plus the turn lights blinking) when you approach to the trunk with the smart trunk feature active? Just a test......

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Few things to add. Perhaps things are working...and your alarm is not being set because either your trunk, any door or hood is not closed properly.

I have gone through the owner's manual...no way to turn the chime off.

I have confirmed on my car. One chime...alarm is set. Two quick chimes...alarm turns off.

If everything is kosher...and the car actually does alarm itself...then you could try setting the alarm off. Keep your windows open...and arm it. Open the door from the inside with your key fob far away from the car. Might have someone have it in their hand to turn the alarm off immediately. Lights should blink and siren should go off. If lights blink and no siren...then we know what the issue is. I believe the siren and the beeps are from the same audible device. If no siren...locate it and check the wiring.

Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There is something wrong with your car. Everytime you press the lock or unlock buttons for locking/unlocking the car should chime.
Thanks. I was hoping I could avoid having to take my car in for service. I’m pretty handy so if it’s someg I can do myself I’d rather do so.
I assume you are very close to the car. It could be just a very low volume on the chime. My seat belt warning is barely audible and I like that. My car is not supposed to make a sound when you lock the door. I like that too. If you see the lights flash, you know you hit the lock. If hearing the sound it important to you, see the dealer. It won't be locked any tighter though.
the sound is important to me for various reasons and the owner’s manual says that there should be one.
Do the chime sounds (plus the turn lights blinking) when you approach to the trunk with the smart trunk feature active? Just a test......
smart trunk feature?

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Few things to add. Perhaps things are working...and your alarm is not being set because either your trunk, any door or hood is not closed properly.

going to agree here, on my G80 no chime will sound if one of the doors is not properly closed, though the doors still lock and mirrors fold in, no chime.

I have caught my kid several times not fully closing the rear door, it looks closed, but no beep, walk around the car and lean on the door and it will "click" closed. then I get the beep.

the issue only occurs if she is the last one to close her door, internal air pressure and not enough oomf from her when she closes it.

One of the reasons I was disappointed the G80 didn't have soft close like the G90.

taking that into account, if one of the door grounds isn't properly connected then the car would think the door is open. there are no pin switches like in the old days, the strikers are grounds, and when the latch meets with the striker it grounds the circuit that controls the lights and alarm connections.

Last edited:

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
going to agree here, on my G80 no chime will sound if one of the doors is not properly closed, though the doors still lock and mirrors fold in, no chime.

I have caught my kid several times not fully closing the rear door, it looks closed, but no beep, walk around the car and lean on the door and it will "click" closed. then I get the beep.

the issue only occurs if she is the last one to close her door, internal air pressure and not enough oomf from her when she closes it.

One of the reasons I was disappointed the G80 didn't have soft close like the G90.

taking that into account, if one of the door grounds isn't properly connected then the car would thing the door is open. there are no pin switches like in the old days, the strikers are grounds, and when the latch meets with the striker it grounds the circuit that controls the lights and alarm connections.
Thanks for the great explanation. I’ll”bump” the doors and trunk and see if that makes a difference.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the great explanation. I’ll”bump” the doors and trunk and see if that makes a difference.
Just check if the car chimes at the same time the turn lights blink when you approach to the trunk. If it beeps, probably is an alarm problem, if not, there is is a possibility that the speaker device in charge of the chime is broken.

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just check if the car chimes at the same time the turn lights blink when you approach to the trunk. If it beeps, probably is an alarm problem, if not, there is is a possibility that the speaker device in charge of the chime is broken.
The horn does sound when I use it individually. My dealership has no idea and appears to be avoiding me. Does anyone have a copy of the service manual that they could check please? I’ve checked with everyone I could and they won’t allow me access to the online version and say that there’s no printed one. Argh!

Carol

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The horn does sound when I use it individually. My dealership has no idea and appears to be avoiding me. Does anyone have a copy of the service manual that they could check please? I’ve checked with everyone I could and they won’t allow me access to the online version and say that there’s no printed one. Argh!
Or... is there a way that I can trouble shoot the speaker device that you mentioned?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.