• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Alignment issues with lowering springs?

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I've seen plenty of discussion about which springs can be used for lowering different amounts, but one of the questions I haven't seen addressed is how anyone deals with the necessary alignment changes that even a 1" overall drop might require.

Is there enough adjustability in the factory suspension such that any alignment shop should be able to get things set right, or if I put in a set of Storms, am I dooming myself to excessive camber and uneven tire wear?

I'm expecting to take delivery of a 2020 Acura TLX this summer, and researching lowering options for that, it's been strongly recommended to add a camber kit when doing lowering springs to ensure alignment is still in spec, but I don't see any such things readily available for the G80...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums