Alignment/Tire/Rear Differential Issues

Dkeith1mom91

Genesis G80
i purchased a Certified Preowned Genesis on 3/22/19 with 59,400 miles at purchase. Current Mileage is 67,000. No wrecks. Nothing on CarFax that shows any repairs, but it will not stay in alignment and I have an obvious rattle they can’t find. I’ve had it aligned 4x’s and 2 sets of tires put on the car since I purchased it in March and it’s back at the dealership again. I have spoken with the previous owner and was made aware he had very similar problems, as well as having to have the rear differential replaced (didn’t fix problem). So far, all repairs have been covered by the warranty/service repair contract (ext warranty). Has anyone else also had the following problems: car won’t stay in alignment resulting in tire wear, noise in the rear or a rattling in the undercarriage or have had your rear end replaced? Since the dealership can’t seem to fix it after numerous attempts, I’m trying to figure this out myself. I’ve asked them to check the frame, which they are in the process of doing now. Any help would be appreciated!

Note: TN does not have a lemon law for used cars; however, I did purchase it Certified Preowned, which I have found means nothing. Former owner tried to get it certified a lemon prior to trading it, but Genesis turned him down.

Tennexplorer

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80

Dkeith1mom91

Genesis G80
Are there any performance car garages where you live? If so, you might go to them and have them do a four wheel alignment or simply see if the car is “bent”. I knew of a Nissan 280 ZX that the ramp collapsed under as it was coming off the transporter. No visible signs of damage but you could not get it aligned. Car came straight down about a foot or so. That was almost forty years ago.
They’re taking it today or Monday. There is still a rattle they can’t find and they’ve had this car 2 weeks. I asked them to also have the frame checked to make sure it’s straight and all these problems aren’t related to it. Otherwise, I’ll just keep dealing with the same things over and over. If it’s okay, and the alignment continues to be a problem, we’ll have to make a decision after that.

Tennexplorer

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums