• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

All weather tires for G70

Muju

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone looked into winter rated all weather tires for G70 sport? I guess looking for ones which qualify for insurance, but also don't need to switch rims and tires every winter. Would like to know peoples thoughts.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ doubt it, but maybe someone has. anyone driving the Sport trim is likely looking for the performance and handling gains of a dedicated summer compound for 7-8 months a year, and is willing to sacrifice a bit for the true winter compound. an all weather tire would give up a lot to the PS4 summers.

a few folks have talked about switching out the PS4's to an all season tire, which will come closer to matching the PS4 for performance than would an all weather compound.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 or Continental DWS06 would be a much better compromise between summer performance and winter traction. I ran the Continental DWS06 for a lot of years on my FWD Maxima and they are surprisingly capable in winter conditions.

Muju

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ doubt it, but maybe someone has. anyone driving the Sport trim is likely looking for the performance and handling gains of a dedicated summer compound for 7-8 months a year, and is willing to sacrifice a bit for the true winter compound. an all weather tire would give up a lot to the PS4 summers.

a few folks have talked about switching out the PS4's to an all season tire, which will come closer to matching the PS4 for performance than would an all weather compound.
That's a great point. I can probably stretch the summer tires for 7 months of the year and get winters for the rest. I just love the stock rims don't wanna get another set lol.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's a great point. I can probably stretch the summer tires for 7 months of the year and get winters for the rest. I just love the stock rims don't wanna get another set lol.
From what I can gather the staggered stock sport setup isn't ideal for winter traction, you are better off getting a square wheel setup for winter rims. Plus, downsizing to 18 inch gives you a higher sidewall, which can help lead to better ride quality in bad winter road conditions.

Cassman34

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On my previous Infiniti Q60 AWD, I got rid of the horrible runflats and replaced them with Continental DWS06s and they were awesome. Great summer and winter performance. Traded it in with $40 k miles and little to no treadwear. I'll be replacing these with the Conti's as well as we get closer to winter.

Muju

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
On my previous Infiniti Q60 AWD, I got rid of the horrible runflats and replaced them with Continental DWS06s and they were awesome. Great summer and winter performance. Traded it in with $40 k miles and little to no treadwear. I'll be replacing these with the Conti's as well as we get closer to winter.
What type of a winter did you go through? I'm in Toronto, so it can get pretty harsh. Do you also have the 3.3T sport?

G-366900

What type of a winter did you go through? I'm in Toronto, so it can get pretty harsh. Do you also have the 3.3T sport?
I live outside of Chicago. Our winters are probably not much different than yours. We get a bit of everything. Yes, I have the 3.3 Sport.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think you'll find in Canada that virtually everyone has a dedicated winter wheel and tire combo. How serious a tire you get depends on your driving. Mine is mostly urban driving so I'll likely go with the Sotto Zero 3 for the performance advantage. If you're heading up to ski country you might want a more dedicated snow tire. There's a whole thread on winter wheels and tires.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone looked into winter rated all weather tires for G70 sport? I guess looking for ones which qualify for insurance, but also don't need to switch rims and tires every winter. Would like to know peoples thoughts.
Just made an appointment to get Goodyear asymmetric ultra high performance all season
235/40 front 265/35 on rear. The shop said the size on rear was fine on stock rim which made my decision over Michelin A/S+3 as they do not come in that size. I like the stock wheels but not the streached front tire and why I wanted to upsize but was worried about the rear upsize.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes I understand but preferred these sizes if they fit the rim which the shop said no problem

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you planning on driving in the snow with 265s on the rear? 😱😰🤕

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis OE winter tire/wheel fitment is squared at 225/45/18 all around on the G70's that come with staggered 19" PS4's (225f/255r). not sure what the combo is for trims that come with squared 18" all seasons from the factory.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis OE winter tire/wheel fitment is squared at 225/45/18 all around on the G70's that come with staggered 19" PS4's (225f/255r). not sure what the combo is for trims that come with squared 18" all seasons from the factory.
Same, 225 all around (so don't need to change a thing). Mine drove surprisingly well last February on the original Michelin Grand touring all season tires, despite the fact that they don't get a very good snow rating on Tire Rack. Based on that experience, I'm not planning to buy dedicated snows as I used to. However, with wider tires I would expect it to be considerably worse.

Cj.

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have 3.3T Genesis 2019, I'm also looking to purchase Continental DWS06 tires. Will i be okay getting those tires in the same size as the summer tires the dealership gave? Or will i need to purchase 18" rims???

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums