Aluminum Pedals

There is another thread that talks about replacing the "dead" foot rest because for some, it is too low. I think that thread is up to about 8 pages. I wasn't looking to raise my dead foot rest, but you'll be able to see in the pictures, this "replacement" aluminum dead foot rest pedal is about 2.5" thick, so now it is raised; but I hardly notice the difference!

In my humble opinion, this is a very inexpensive ($59.99), easy to install (took about 30 minutes with just a Phillips head screwdriver), modification that makes the interior of the Genesis, "match" the rest of the inside, as well as the outside.

The brake pedal is OEM and can be used to replace almost ALL "standard" brake pedals found in almost ALL Hyundai vehicles. You simply remove the rubber one and "slip" this one over the metal brake pedal as a replacement.

For the gas pedal, unlike my 2009 Sonata Limited 3.3L V6, which just needed a replacement aluminum gas pedal like the brake pedal (in fact I used one for a Tiburon), the Genesis sedan (and coupe) has an "integrated" gas pedal configuration that does not allow you "remove" the rubber pedal and replace it with an aluminum one. So for this "kit", it has an aluminum pedal that simply fits over the existing rubber pedal with tape backing. Simply remove the protective strip, line it up and then press it on, with one hand in the back of the pedal keeping it from lowering while you're pressing.

Here we go with pictures!
STOCK PEDALS

BOX OF PEDALS

WHAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU OPEN THE BOX. THE "BRAKE" PEDAL IS OEM AND WILL FIT ALMOST ALL HYUNDAI MODELS

CONTENTS "UNCOVERED"

DEAD FOOT REST PEDAL

SIDE VIEW OF DEAD FOOT REST PEDAL BASE

BOTTOM OF DEAD FOOT REST PEDAL

DEAD FOOT REST PEDAL TOP & BASE You will notice, the base has 6 screw holes and the top has 2. You first just place the base over the existing dead foot rest, and then use the shorter screws to screw the base into the existing dead foot rest and carpet. Once you've done this, you simply "anchor" to top by screwing the remaining 2 long screws into the remaining two holes for the top.

DEAD REST FOOT PEDAL BASE INSTALLED Notice screw placement; the two middle screws and then the upper right and lower left.

COMPLETED INSTALL WITHOUT MAT

COMPLETED INSTALL WITH MAT As you can see, there is a little overlap of the mat over the dead foot rest. It doesn't bother me physically, but for "visual" reasons, I'm considering raising it so that the mat fits flush to the carpet, under the foot rest the way it fits under the gas pedal.

VIEW FROM BACK SEAT

THANKS FOR VIEWING!

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
You simply remove the rubber one and "slip" this one over the metal brake pedal as a replacement.
I understand that metal brake and accelerator pedals are "cool" but seems to me that rubber ones are safer, as one's foot is less likely to slip off it.

I understand that metal brake and accelerator pedals are "cool" but seems to me that rubber ones are safer, as one's foot is less likely to slip off it.

There is SO much I could say regarding this, but I'll leave it at these four simple points;
1. I didn't do this to be "cool", I did it to improve the appearance of the vehicle while still maintaining operational safety;
2. Maybe if you look a little closer, you'll see these are NOT "metal" pedals, but a combination of metal and rubber;
3. As stated in the post, I've done this "upgrade" on all of my vehicles (I only had to install the dead pedal on my coupe as the gas and brake pedals were already "done"), and have had no issues with foot slippage, anymore than I have had with all rubber pedals;
4. If they were not "safe", I don't think Hyundai or any other vehicle manufacturer would be using them as OEM equipment on their vehicles; it's not a safety issue, it's a manufacturing cost issue.

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
Dude... you dont have to explain your actions to others. Looks good and enjoy them!!

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
There is SO much I could say regarding this, but I'll leave it at these four simple points;
1. I didn't do this to be "cool", I did it to improve the appearance of the vehicle while still maintaining operational safety;
2. Maybe if you look a little closer, you'll see these are NOT "metal" pedals, but a combination of metal and rubber;
3. As stated in the post, I've done this "upgrade" on all of my vehicles (I only had to install the dead pedal on my coupe as the gas and brake pedals were already "done"), and have had no issues with foot slippage, anymore than I have had with all rubber pedals;
4. If they were not "safe", I don't think Hyundai or any other vehicle manufacturer would be using them as OEM equipment on their vehicles; it's not a safety issue, it's a manufacturing cost issue.
  1. I meant looked "cool," which is essentially what you said that it was done for appearance.
  2. You are correct that the ones above are rubber and metal. I guess my comments apply to the ones found on some cars that are all metal.
  3. Personally, even if my foot only slipped once every 10,000 times that I applied the brakes, I would not put all metal pedals on. That is just my personal opinion, and everyone else is entitled to do what they want.
  4. Auto makers put a lot things on cars that could be made safer, but they know that some people think they look cool and that offering it will drive more sales.

Dude... you dont have to explain your actions to others. Looks good and enjoy them!!

LOL, thanks Seattle Genesis; just trying to impart a little knowledge; but I do realize common sense ain't common and haters gonna hate, LOL; just didn't think I'd find it here in this forum, whereas it's rampant in the Genesis Coupe forum I also belong to...

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
LOL, thanks Seattle Genesis; just trying to impart a little knowledge; but I do realize common sense ain't common and haters gonna hate, LOL; just didn't think I'd find it here in this forum, whereas it's rampant in the Genesis Coupe forum I also belong to...
Just because I value safety over good looks, does not make me a hater. Also, I am very happy they offer a dead foot rest extender to all the height challenged members of the forum, because I would hate it if Hyundai shortened the dead foot rest.

wchettel

Registered Member
Davie, FL
There is another thread that talks about replacing the "dead" foot rest because for some, it is too low. I think that thread is up to about 8 pages. I wasn't looking to raise my dead foot rest, but you'll be able to see in the pictures, this "replacement" aluminum dead foot rest pedal is about 2.5" thick, so now it is raised; but I hardly notice the difference!

In my humble opinion, this is a very inexpensive ($59.99), easy to install (took about 30 minutes with just a Phillips head screwdriver), modification that makes the interior of the Genesis, "match" the rest of the inside, as well as the outside.
THANKS FOR VIEWING!

That looks nice! It adds a little class to the interior. I'm thinking I'd like to add them to my R-Spec. Where did you buy them?

wchettel

Registered Member
Davie, FL

Thanks for the links. I will order a set from one of them. Looks like they both come from Korea. How long did it take for you to receive your set after you ordered?

FirstGen

Getting familiar with the group...
Form and function. Looks good,works well! (I slip more with factory rubber pedals than metal ones with rubber or plastic inserts when wet and snow.)

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Thanks for the links. I will order a set from one of them. Looks like they both come from Korea. How long did it take for you to receive your set after you ordered?

Wchettel, truthfully I don't recall because I wasn't in a hurry to get them and put them in; but I think it may have been about two weeks or a little less. But you are correct, they do come from Korea and shipping is free.

Form and function. Looks good,works well! (I slip more with factory rubber pedals than metal ones with rubber or plastic inserts when wet and snow.)

Thanks FirstGen! I was trying to communicate exactly what you've stated to another forum member but TOTAL FAIL, LOL!

Subninja

Getting familiar with the group...
Kingsland, GA
I got these as well and I can say it was a nice upgrade. I wish the accelerator was a bolt on and didn't use double sided tape. But it's a good product overall.

I got these as well and I can say it was a nice upgrade. I wish the accelerator was a bolt on and didn't use double sided tape. But it's a good product overall.

CONGRATS Subninja! As I had stated in my OP, IMHO, this is one of the least expensive, but best looking upgrades you can do; I get compliments on it all the time.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
100% OEM Hyundai Metal Pedals Installed

Background Info
There is some background information about the Metal accelerator pedals offered by Hyundai that can be found in this thread if interested Dynamic Edition Metal Accelerator Pedal. Cliff-notes version is that the Dynamic Edition Metal Accelerator Pedal was only offered on the Dynamic Edition in Korea. It is significantly larger than a regular pedal due to the additional module but functions perfectly without being plugged in. Second and best option is the Metal Accelerator offered on 2011+ Genesis Coupe Track Models. Coup pedal is the same size as a regular accelerator pedal found in the sedan and unctions without issue installed into the sedan.

Genesis Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
Received the Metal Dead Pedal from KDM Motors the other week and got around to installing it over the weekend. Got the idea from the Genesis Coupe Forum OEM Metal Pedals but wasn't sure if it would be possible until taking things apart. Turns out the dead pedal metal stamping in the sedan is close enough to the coupe that it did work.

Coupe
7.jpg

Sedan

Installation
  1. Remove the driver door scuff, hood release lever, and side interior panel.
  2. Pull back the carpet to expose the sound deadening hard panel that covers the dead pedal metal stamping.
  3. Cut away the panel to expose the metal underneath.
  4. Fold carpet back down and trim out the rubber deal pedal portion of the carpet. I trimmed the majority of the rubber away but left the edge intact in hopes the carpet would hold up longer.
  5. Measure, measure, mark, measure and drill a mounting hole for the lower clip. GenesisCoupe forum suggested to use a 1/4" drill bit but I found the hole to be a tad small and used a 9/32" bit instead. Due to the length of the pedal the upper most metal clip is not used because there is no metal to attach it to. Found that the pedal is very secure and upper clip is not needed.
  6. Interior panel needs to be trimmed due to the height of the dead pedal which I did not expect when I started the install. Be careful not to trim too much of the panel or you will expose some harness wires that are hidden by the cover.

Part Numbers for all Three Pedals
Dynamic Edition Metal Accelerator Pedal - 32700-3M860
or
Metal Coupe Accelerator Pedal - 32700-2M500
Metal Brake Cover - 32825-17050
Metal Coupe Dead Pedal - 32881-2M100

Finished Result

Prior to Trimming Side Panel

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums