Am I missing something here? Stereo won't stay on when car is off?

Thread starter #1

ASHDUMP

Registered Member
Like the title says...

you pull up to a parking spot and want to hang out in the car for a few minutes.... but the radio/stereo shuts off instantly after turning the power off? Or is there a setting I can fool around with to make it not shut off when you shut the car off?

Thanks,

Thread starter #4

ASHDUMP

Registered Member
In my 2009 Genesis the radio used to stay on for at least 10 minutes or so. In my 2014 Equus the radio shuts off immediately when you shut the car off.

One other item they over looked is the ability to open or close the sunroof with the ignition off.

There are many instances where you forget to close the sunroof after you shut the car off...

just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing to keep the radio playing after shutting the car down.

aphillipsiii

Hasn't posted much yet...
Like the title says...

you pull up to a parking spot and want to hang out in the car for a few minutes.... but the radio/stereo shuts off instantly after turning the power off? Or is there a setting I can fool around with to make it not shut off when you shut the car off?

Thanks,
Push the Start/Stop a second time without depressing the brake pedal.

FastDEW1

Been here awhile...
This is the same as my 2014 Genesis R-Spec. When you shut the engine off. The audio system goes off instantly. Same when I'm on a Bluetooth phone call. It dumps me. Not well designed.

Top Gear

Been here awhile...
I like the old-fashioned way, the audio stopping when I turn the key off. The Coupe does it that way. If I want audio or bluetooth to stay on, I simply stop the key in the ACC position. On a full turn off, the bluetooth switches over in the phone after a second or so. Classic and simple. It's very annoying for the audio to stay on, to have to do yet another thing to turn it off. If mine did that, I'd be looking for fuses to pull ;)

yellow3.8track

Been here awhile...
My 2011 Coupe is the only push button start car I own and it does exactly what you say, all the power to everything but the door locks/trunk lock cuts off when the push button kills the engine. Can't listen to the radio, can't charge my phone (no power on either 12V receptacle.

My wife's 2010 Fusion and my 2005 Chevy are key operated and both keep the radio on/running for several minutes unless you open the door(s).

It's okay. It rides a little rougher than some cars, it doesn't maintain 12v accessory power to some things like other cars, but that's all okay.

It doesn't accelerate, handle or stop like most other cars - it's much, much better. And that make is all okay. You can't see my big grin.

When I go out the door to go shopping, or to go to a gun show, etc. my wife says, "Honey, you can take my car." I'll never understand why she thinks I'd rather drive a Fusion, than 3.8 Track Genesis Coupe. It just doesn't compute.

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello ! I having problems with may stereo not turning off with the car and it’s killing may battery.
I have to turn it off manually .
How can I fix this problem ?help please

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello ! I having problems with may stereo not turning off with the car and it’s killing may battery.
I have to turn it off manually .
How can I fix this problem ?help please
Stays on forever if you don't turn it off? Most cars have retained power for a couple of minutes after turning off. There is a relay of some sort that controls it. Replace it.

You have to find out where and what it is though, I'm not sure. where.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.