Ambient light profile

GenXGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Should the ambient light color change with the profile selected? My wife set up her profile including her preferred ambient light color. When I went back to the car and selected my profile the ambient light stayed on the color she selected. Any way to tie the color to a profile?

John Baxter

Getting familiar with the group...
Should the ambient light color change with the profile selected? My wife set up her profile including her preferred ambient light color. When I went back to the car and selected my profile the ambient light stayed on the color she selected. Any way to tie the color to a profile?

Yes that is exactly what should happen.

Each profile sets their own customizations.

Skyelk

Stuttgart, Germany
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
We just got our GV70 and seem to have the same problem. When changing the profile the ambient light stays the same. I am Blue, he is Green...when he switchs to his profile the ambient light stays Blue. When he opens his settings the customized color is Blue. He changes it to Green, saves his Set Memory ... but next time the color is Blue again.

Anyone any ideas? Is this normal or are We missing something?

GenXGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
We just got our GV70 and seem to have the same problem. When changing the profile the ambient light stays the same. I am Blue, he is Green...when he switchs to his profile the ambient light stays Blue. When he opens his settings the customized color is Blue. He changes it to Green, saves his Set Memory ... but next time the color is Blue again.

Anyone any ideas? Is this normal or are We missing something?
Ive never had any luck getting it to change with the profile. If I set the color, that’s the color we both get. If she sets the color, that’s the color we both get. If we want something different we have to manually change it. 🤷‍♂️

Bellooch

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
These things will probably get tweaked with firmware updates over time. The infotainment system will (fingers crossed) get upgrades over time.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners