• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Android Autoplay download for 2016 Genesis Sedan (Ultimate)

Cuonghdinh

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I just purchased a 2016 Genesis Ultimate Sedan and was excited to read that Android Autoplay could be downloaded and updated to work with the touchscreen. However, I was unable to find the download link on Myhyundai.com and when I emailed for support Hyundai stated that the Android Autoplay update is no longer available for download. They pointed me to a site to download an updated map software for $180.

Anybody know a workaround for this or is able to share the software update previously downloaded?

Thanks!

Soul0Reaper

Hasn't posted much yet...
USA
There is no android auto / carplay download for the ultimate head unit.

Its only for the lower trim head unit. The map software update does just that, it updates the map.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Jrothnet

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Pay more, get less. Makes total sense to me!

Anyone know why it's possible on the 8" but not the 9.2?

ambroze72

Genesis Model Type
Is there a workaround at all to get CarPlay installed for the 9.2 screen? Being that they are 2 difference systems should not matter to the customer. What is the difference that's not allowing the ability?

battalla1

2015 Genesis ultimate 3.8 rwd White.. jog dial
Genesis Model Type
I would buy an aftermarket head unit if I could find one that can tie all the cars features into it such as AC display info steering wheel functions etc.

ambroze72

Genesis Model Type
I would buy an aftermarket head unit if I could find one that can tie all the cars features into it such as AC display info steering wheel functions etc.
I don't think I really want CarPlay that bad to give up everything already built into the vehicle where everything is tied into. That would be absurd to do over a compatibility issue.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Is there a workaround at all to get CarPlay installed for the 9.2 screen? Being that they are 2 difference systems should not matter to the customer. What is the difference that's not allowing the ability?
Do you remember the VHS and Betmax recorders? You have Betamax system and the other screen is VHS. Fear not, it will be upgraded as soon as they figure in the 8 track tapes too.

Sorry, but the hardware is not compatible. Can it be done? With enough time and money we can put a man on the moon, but the upgrade is about the same payback for Genesis and Apple as a Mars shot.

battalla1

2015 Genesis ultimate 3.8 rwd White.. jog dial
Genesis Model Type
[that article is way out of date... there is no update for the cars with the ultimate package/jog dial only the 8 in screens and you have to get it through mapnsoft update.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

MikeSmith

Genesis Model Type
Sorry guys my bad ... Question: anybody here know the part # for the little rubber mat that goes in the bottom of the cup holder? Also, my car didn't come with the sd card but the dealer sent me one, anybody here know how to get it to work? Sorry don't mean to be a pain ...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sorry guys my bad ... Question: anybody here know the part # for the little rubber mat that goes in the bottom of the cup holder? Also, my car didn't come with the sd card but the dealer sent me one, anybody here know how to get it to work? Sorry don't mean to be a pain ...
Plug the SD card in. Takes about a half hour to load with the car running. You can drive the car while it install but you won't have the radio or backup camera. Suddenly the radio plays and all is good.

MikeSmith

Genesis Model Type
ok I'll give this a try this afternoon. Because each time I plug it in the car keeps saying "Check SD Card"? One other question is the card supposed to be in the locked or open position? Really happy I found you guys

16UltV6Guy

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
ok I'll give this a try this afternoon. Because each time I plug it in the car keeps saying "Check SD Card"? One other question is the card supposed to be in the locked or open position? Really happy I found you guys
Sounds like it may be a defective card, or one that wasn't properly set up for your exact car/infotainment system.

MikeSmith

Genesis Model Type
thanks thats the position mine is in as well. And yes I'm beginning to think the card wasn't set up properly either, but I'm going to plug it in leave it and drive. I've also called the dealer and I'm suppose to hear something from them soon. You guys are a big help ...