Android tablet in Genesis 09' - Replacing blue screen.

eddie

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi guys!

Last news about my car PC development for Genesis sedan (1st gen).
I have installed Nexus 7 in my Genesis sedan 2009 and it works great.
The tablet is showing all information from the blue screen (climate control, ventilation, outside temperature, audio source, tracks and folders, setup menus, fm1, fm2 and am frequencies, numbers of CDs in CD changer. I do not have XM in my car but it is just a few hours work to add it in my android app. Also I added control buttons in my app to replace the OEM keyboard. Now I can fully control my head unit directly from the tablet.
Nexus 7 supports backup cameras (with help of Easycap device) and fast charge in the same time. With help of third party programs I have tuned my tablet the way I want. It is going to deep sleep when I am turning ACC off and waking up when I am starting the car.

Here is a video shows the final look of tablet installation in dush:

What else... Last week I have completed another project for Genesis sedan 2013 (for the guy from California). It is looks the same but the code and can bus staff are completely different. This project was for base package without amplifier and CD Changer but with XM radio and bluetooth. So now my system can be used in any 1st generation sedan and may need just some slight mods to add CD changer staff for 2013 program.

I was thinking to use OEM bezel from DIS-package (part number is 84743-3M800), but I found a tech package screen for a really good price so used it.

If you are interesting in installing tablet with my programs in your car feel free to PM me or ask here.

Good afternoon , I'm interested in installing a tablet in my Hyundai sedan 2009 first generation with all the fissures the car already have such as GPS , BACK UP CAMERA , 6 CDs/DVDs , AM/FM/XM Radio , what I'm trying to do is remove the old none touch Screen headset and replace it for a tablet .
you can contact me through my email
befunsmileforyou@aol.com
I will appreciate very much your help
Thank you

Attachments

• 20190529_180439.jpg
    20190529_180439.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190529_180419.jpg
    20190529_180419.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 15

biggeorge

Genesis Model Type
I have sent you an email. Thank you for your excellent work!

To run this setup you will need all hardware from this list:
- can bus shield - US $12.41 31% OFF|Elecrow CAN BUS Shield for Arduino Mega Leonardo Microchip MCP2515 CAN Controller Transceiver MicroSD Card DIY GPS Connect -in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
- arduino uno r3 (clone) - US $0.99 |high quality One set UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P for Arduino UNO R3 + USB CABLE ATMEGA328P AU Development board-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
- bluetooth module hc-05. - http://s.aliexpress.com/EN3AZnQR
- power adaptor/converter 12v to 5v (better to buy 2 of those) - US $4.2 8% OFF|2019 Vehicle Car Accessories Boat Motorcycle Dual USB Charger DC 12V To 5V 3A Power Adapter Supply Car styling B# dropship-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
- otg/power usb cable - US $1.19 35% OFF|LEORY High Quality Micro USB Male To USB Female Host OTG Cable & USB Power Cable Y Splitter 3 In 1-in Data Cables from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
- connecting wires - US $2.14 |Dupont line 120pcs 20cm male to male + male to female and female to female jumper wire Dupont cable-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Also you need android tablet of your choice with android 4.4.2 or higher (I prefer Nexus 7).

I am not sure if I can post commercial invoice here so just contact me by email - sol.sel@mail.ru and I will give you your price. Every person who bought my apps uses paypal and I think this is the best way to work with.

P.s. - I am in Sochi right now and temperature here is pretty high too - 40C (104F). Everything is working fine so far.

biggeorge

Genesis Model Type
Whoa! $100 for the app now?
That escalated quickly.

G-775949

Hello guys!
Here is a super offer for Genesis sedan owners (2009-2013) with blue screens. Until 30th of january 2018 android app will cost only 19$. You may contact me by email. It is in the post above.
Can u shoot me and email , with the prices of the whole thing to my email it’s for a 2011 4.6

Kwelliott37

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Today I'm finaly done with my android app. I'am using Arduino microcontroller to collect data and send it to the tablet. It takes me more than 2 month to complite the project.
It shows all blue screen info on my nexus 7 screen. There still some staff to do - have to figure out how the keyboard work to make some soft buttons. And sound mode screen is WIP now. But i can install tablet in car already. Enjoy the video. Say bye to Unavi)

I would like this for my 2014 genesis coupe 2.ot base audio

Jlopez3983

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
What can you do for a 2015 genesis ultimate package? They do not offer android auto on thia model because of the bigger screen. Looking for something that can work. Thanks !!

tersplat

Genesis Model Type
Looking through the thread, and I don't see any definitive update. Have you had any progress on the Factory Navigation unit replacement? I've got a '13 Navigation with the Lexicon stereo, and am thinking about doing a tablet build myself, but your work on here is far beyond what I would be able to do.

manchester8

Genesis Model Type
anyone in new york can do this, will buy all the supplies and pay for you to install this...

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
Hello guys!
Just a small update. Here is a pretty simple method of tablet installation. DIY.
You just have to buy bezel for DIS package (fing one on ebay for a very good price). And few metal plates (have find em in Leroy Merlin store) with screws. So i have replaced my old bezel with the new one.
You can see many wires on the back of my tablet cuz I did few mods you don't actually need.
t2BrQY06dGh3HZDEeJFgsnfICzo-960.jpg Old and new.jpg ntno2Eal-aetpjbg6K6ntLS9pcM-960.jpg

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Today I'm finaly done with my android app. I'am using Arduino microcontroller to collect data and send it to the tablet. It takes me more than 2 month to complite the project.
It shows all blue screen info on my nexus 7 screen. There still some staff to do - have to figure out how the keyboard work to make some soft buttons. And sound mode screen is WIP now. But i can install tablet in car already. Enjoy the video. Say bye to Unavi)

Hey Man looks good here is my problem I have NO RADIO OR AUDIO AT ALL it doesn't even show the tuner or the stations that it is on. I have some ideas of possible work arounds but it is still just theory in my head because I don't know what errors will occur or issues I will run into.
That said It looks like you have a designed a great solution to this issue. I was trying to private message you but I can not figure out how to do it. So if you want to private message me that would be great.
So here is what I would like to know does your hardware solution fix all the Audio issues with the car?
About how much did this hardware setup cost you?
I can also see that you have invested a considerable amount of time/ effort and work into getting this system to function as described.
So how much would you want for the knowledge and programming needed to get this to function as your does?
Please let me know I am eagerly waiting your response Thanks

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
Hey Man looks good here is my problem I have NO RADIO OR AUDIO AT ALL it doesn't even show the tuner or the stations that it is on. I have some ideas of possible work arounds but it is still just theory in my head because I don't know what errors will occur or issues I will run into.
That said It looks like you have a designed a great solution to this issue. I was trying to private message you but I can not figure out how to do it. So if you want to private message me that would be great.
So here is what I would like to know does your hardware solution fix all the Audio issues with the car?
About how much did this hardware setup cost you?
I can also see that you have invested a considerable amount of time/ effort and work into getting this system to function as described.
So how much would you want for the knowledge and programming needed to get this to function as your does?
Please let me know I am eagerly waiting your response Thanks
Hello!
As I said in email message - my app is only sending radio unit information to android tablet. It can not fix radio issue.

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Hello!
As I said in email message - my app is only sending radio unit information to android tablet. It can not fix radio issue.
I did but I haven't gotten a reply. So does the radio have to be working? I have several android tablets here that will work if the radio doesn't need to be working
Thanks

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums