Android tablet in Genesis 09' - Replacing blue screen.

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Ok please message me back through email to get a price. one last question on here the problem with changing out the radio in the car is not being able to control the heater and and other functions but with your system could I change the radio head unit and have your system to control the climate controls on an android tablet and have an aftermarket head unit controlling the music? also will it work with an android stereo? like the picture I have attached

Attachments

• android.jpg
    android.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 3

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
Ok please message me back through email to get a price. one last question on here the problem with changing out the radio in the car is not being able to control the heater and and other functions but with your system could I change the radio head unit and have your system to control the climate controls on an android tablet and have an aftermarket head unit controlling the music? also will it work with an android stereo? like the picture I have attached
You are able to control the heater without any stereo. The problem is you can not see any info about temperature and airflow direction.
My app will defenetly work with any android unit (tablet/phone/aftermarket stereo). The only thing you have to keep in mind that it will always use your android device bluetooth.
And yes it will work with stereo you have pictured. But i believe this one fits better. It doesn't show any car info like climate control and suspension but you can install my app.
andoid.jpg

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
You are able to control the heater without any stereo. The problem is you can not see any info about temperature and airflow direction.
My app will defenetly work with any android unit (tablet/phone/aftermarket stereo). The only thing you have to keep in mind that it will always use your android device bluetooth.
And yes it will work with stereo you have pictured. But i believe this one fits better. It doesn't show any car info like climate control and suspension but you can install my app.
View attachment 35137
Okay so it doesn't show the temperature or the blower settings or Direction. Then I will go back to my original plan when I saw your post which is to use a combination of the stock system and you're system together with a new Android head unit.. I do like the head unit that you suggested but my thought is this to remove the CD input portion of the unit and install a Android head unit with a motorized screen that goes in and out. Hopefully that way I will be able to keep all of the climate functions and along with navigation and backup camera and a stereo I think if I merge everything together I can have a functioning system without breaking the bank. What do you think do you think that your program will be able to bridge the Gap for what I'm trying to accomplish? Also do you know if I remove the CD portion of the stereo if everything else will still function correctly?

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Okay so it doesn't show the temperature or the blower settings or Direction. Then I will go back to my original plan when I saw your post which is to use a combination of the stock system and you're system together with a new Android head unit.. I do like the head unit that you suggested but my thought is this to remove the CD input portion of the unit and install a Android head unit with a motorized screen that goes in and out. Hopefully that way I will be able to keep all of the climate functions and along with navigation and backup camera and a stereo I think if I merge everything together I can have a functioning system without breaking the bank. What do you think do you think that your program will be able to bridge the Gap for what I'm trying to accomplish? Also do you know if I remove the CD portion of the stereo if everything else will still function correctly?
One other thing I see that the Genesis sedan is notoriously for dropping the sounds and if you restart the car this and usually comes back that was what I was experiencing for a while but now there's no sound at all and it doesn't reset like people have shown online. Do you think this is from the amplifier? I read a whole bunch of different things about what the issue stems from and you have more in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the system then anyone else I've found online so your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
And
One other thing I see that the Genesis sedan is notoriously for dropping the sounds and if you restart the car this and usually comes back that was what I was experiencing for a while but now there's no sound at all and it doesn't reset like people have shown online. Do you think this is from the amplifier? I read a whole bunch of different things about what the issue stems from and you have more in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the system then anyone else I've found online so your opinion would be greatly
Could you give some more details of your issue? Your head unit is showing some system info and the screen is working? Navigation is working but there is no audio source to choose? Or what?

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
And

Could you give some more details of your issue? Your head unit is showing some system info and the screen is working? Navigation is working but there is no audio source to choose? Or what?
correct nav works with out any sound when you choose am/fm there is np tuning on the radio will not even show the stations. XM shows the "channels" 1-what ever it goes to but again no sound it wont even make a sound when you put it on voice control. There is no sound at all no matter what I do I have taken the battery terminal off to reset the car and still no luck. The screen is working I can see all the system info except for where I mentioned above for the am/fm tuner stations nav works the hands free phone even syncs but you can not hear anything can choose any option I want and is cycles through them all but no sound, I was told the the sound going out and the rebooting it to get it to come back was caused by the amplifier so I bought a nos amp but I haven't put it in yet because I want to have some sound before I hook it up.
After some more research It looks like the "the CD" portion is the head unit as well. Am I correct? look anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Is there anyway to use your program with out the stock head unit? and send the data the the android tablet?

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
lastly I see in the pic you put up that you said fits better. Where is the CD portion of the radio?

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
correct nav works with out any sound when you choose am/fm there is np tuning on the radio will not even show the stations. XM shows the "channels" 1-what ever it goes to but again no sound it wont even make a sound when you put it on voice control. There is no sound at all no matter what I do I have taken the battery terminal off to reset the car and still no luck. The screen is working I can see all the system info except for where I mentioned above for the am/fm tuner stations nav works the hands free phone even syncs but you can not hear anything can choose any option I want and is cycles through them all but no sound, I was told the the sound going out and the rebooting it to get it to come back was caused by the amplifier so I bought a nos amp but I haven't put it in yet because I want to have some sound before I hook it up.
After some more research It looks like the "the CD" portion is the head unit as well. Am I correct? look anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Is there anyway to use your program with out the stock head unit? and send the data the the android tablet?
As I have mentioned before in this thread - my app is only for packages with the blue screen. For other packages my app will show only climate control information.
Looks like your amp or your head unit (the part with cd changer) is damaged. Can not give your any advice about the rest.
About cd-mode for the aftermarket head unit - you should ask the seller.

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
As I have mentioned before in this thread - my app is only for packages with the blue screen. For other packages my app will show only climate control information.
Looks like your amp or your head unit (the part with cd changer) is damaged. Can not give your any advice about the rest.
About cd-mode for the aftermarket head unit - you should ask the seller.
What exactly does it show for climate control information? Does it show all of the climate control information ? Temperature the mode that is in will it still be able to do dual climate control? Because that is all I think I need to interface. My question is if I remove the CD changer / head unit will I still be able to use your program to interface to an Android tablet? Sorry if I'm being a p i t a but I don't mind spending money to get this operating as needed but I don't want to throw money away on something that will not work and right now I feel like I'm banging up against a brick wall.

gearM

Registered Member
Russia
What exactly does it show for climate control information? Does it show all of the climate control information ? Temperature the mode that is in will it still be able to do dual climate control? Because that is all I think I need to interface. My question is if I remove the CD changer / head unit will I still be able to use your program to interface to an Android tablet? Sorry if I'm being a p i t a but I don't mind spending money to get this operating as needed but I don't want to throw money away on something that will not work and right now I feel like I'm banging up against a brick wall.
The answer is yes. You can remove all your radio components from the car and still be able to see all climate control information on your tablet/android head unit. It will show outside temperature, driver and passanger temperature as well as airflow speed and direction and air suspension mode (if you have air suspension).

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
The answer is yes. You can remove all your radio components from the car and still be able to see all climate control information on your tablet/android head unit. It will show outside temperature, driver and passanger temperature as well as airflow speed and direction and air suspension mode (if you have air suspension).
Thanks again for your reply so if that's the case that I can remove all the components how do I get the car to communicate with the Android phone / tablet / radio? Is there any issue using the stock amplifier? I'm asking because I just bought and NOS amplifier that should work fine and I will do some more research but from what I understand the issues with the amplifier is it overheating I was thinking of putting a fan back there to lower the overall temperature. Do you have the installation process outlined anywhere? Remember I have the technology package so I will be able to see all the things that you stated in the last post correct? I would like to make up a game plan on how you think I should proceed. I will be purchasing your software 100% I just need to have a game plan of how to proceed and make a list of the products I will need to get everything up and running. To be honest with you all I really need dysfunction from the car would be the back of camera which mine does not work currently and the stereo along with the climate information for the car I do not need to use the cars navigation or XM Radio or auxiliary or anything else that I would be able to run through the tablet/radio. I will email you later today I don't know if you Skype but we will talk soon thank you for everything so far you're a good man

187WeaponRR

Registered Member
Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Hey gear m I've sent you a couple responses to your email but they're bouncing back as undeliverable even though I'm responding the email string we've had going

Abbvega

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
I am interested in your app I want to buy it I have a 2013 blue screen. What is the best way to get ahold of you?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums