• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Annoying noise after oil change

jkeck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My 2015 Ultimate AWD was silent since I got it (last fall) until I took it to the dealer for an oil change. Ever since then I hear a noise, very hard to describe, sorta like a ticking sound. This noise only happens during acceleration and stops after the car is driven 5-10 minutes. Depending on where you sit it sounds like it is coming from a different spot although I don't think this is coming from the sunroof area. Wondering what could have happened from the oil change? I know there are clips on the panels beneath the car that have to come off for an oil change. Maybe a clip wasn't put back properly? I dunno but it drives me nuts! Any thoughts?

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
Checking for a loose panel beneath the car would be my first step in resolving the source of the new noise . The clips that hold the panels in place can often break with removal.

Sebastian4k

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The ticking noise is pressure building up in the oil filter. Since the design of the oil filter is upside down from any other regular car the oil pressure has to build up that's why its only heard at cold stars and goes away after driving 5-10 minutes.

jkeck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The ticking noise is pressure building up in the oil filter. Since the design of the oil filter is upside down from any other regular car the oil pressure has to build up that's why its only heard at cold stars and goes away after driving 5-10 minutes.
Thanks and makes sense other then why wouldn't it have been doing this with the previous oil filter?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums