• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Another Happy New Owner Here

Cassman34

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Purchased my 2019 G70 3.3T Sport AWD in Casablanca White. I have to say that I love it. Prior cars: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (loved it for over 220k miles), 2013 MB C300 (With Kleemann tune - liked it until the transmission was staring to go) and the car I just traded: a 2017 Majestic White Infiniti Q60 3.0T Premium with an Ecutek tune bringing the hp to 408 and the TQ to 460 on a dyno. The Q60 with tune ran 4.37 0-60.

Some thoughts... This car, although not as fast as the Q60, FEELS faster to my butt dyno. There is no turbo lag and there is very efficient gearing and transmission shifting. In the Q, there was inconsistent power that never felt as smooth as this G70. In the Q, when you pounded it, it flew. Otherwise, it was laggy. The G70, in sport mode, just GOES and keeps going. Handling is on par with the Q for sure. The cabin is much quieter and the suspension is a hair better. The stereo is much better than the Bose system in the Q. While the tech looked better in the Q, and it was easier to get to my radio presets, the infotainment system in this is fine. I love the HUD and always hated that the Q didn't have a digital speedometer.

I love the fact that the tires are not runflats. I got a bubble in the Q runflat within 1k miles and swapped out all of them for the highly recommended Continental DWS 06s. It improved the ride immensely. No such problem with the G. I'll need to get A/S tires before winter though. I think I am going to hate the small gas tank. Range on the Q was between 400 and 450 miles. I got into my brand new G with its full gas tank and saw the range was under 300. Ugh. More of a mental thing than anything, but still a pain in the ass to go to the gas station more.

At this point, not much more to add. I'm sure I'll come up with something in the future. I don't think I'll need to or want to tune this car. It is almost perfect as it is.

Bill

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Range on the Q was between 400 and 450 miles. I got into my brand new G with its full gas tank and saw the range was under 300. Ugh. More of a mental thing than anything, but still a pain in the ass to go to the gas station more.
^ the Infiniti fuel tanks were of epic proportions for a mid-size sport sedan. i would routinely go 3 weeks between fills with my G37S. now, it is 2 weeks with the G70. obviously the G37S cost a lot to fill up (as much as $120 CAD), but the convenience for long range on road trips was awesome. i saw 800kms range on one trip!

not a big deal, but still...

Cassman34

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ the Infiniti fuel tanks were of epic proportions for a mid-size sport sedan. i would routinely go 3 weeks between fills with my G37S. now, it is 2 weeks with the G70. obviously the G37S cost a lot to fill up, but the convenience for long range on road trips was awesome. i saw 800kms range on one trip!

not a big deal, but still...
Yeah, I drive about 20k miles a year, so instead of every week fill up, it will be probably a little less than twice a week. I didn't even think about the road trip issue. I could get over 500 miles per tank on the highway - always had to go to the bathroom before needing to fill up, lol. It will be different now. Oh well, now I have an excuse other than age to need to stop...

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Purchased my 2019 G70 3.3T Sport AWD in Casablanca White. I have to say that I love it. Prior cars: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (loved it for over 220k miles), 2013 MB C300 (With Kleemann tune - liked it until the transmission was staring to go) and the car I just traded: a 2017 Majestic White Infiniti Q60 3.0T Premium with an Ecutek tune bringing the hp to 408 and the TQ to 460 on a dyno. The Q60 with tune ran 4.37 0-60.

Some thoughts... This car, although not as fast as the Q60, FEELS faster to my butt dyno. There is no turbo lag and there is very efficient gearing and transmission shifting. In the Q, there was inconsistent power that never felt as smooth as this G70. In the Q, when you pounded it, it flew. Otherwise, it was laggy. The G70, in sport mode, just GOES and keeps going. Handling is on par with the Q for sure. The cabin is much quieter and the suspension is a hair better. The stereo is much better than the Bose system in the Q. While the tech looked better in the Q, and it was easier to get to my radio presets, the infotainment system in this is fine. I love the HUD and always hated that the Q didn't have a digital speedometer.

I love the fact that the tires are not runflats. I got a bubble in the Q runflat within 1k miles and swapped out all of them for the highly recommended Continental DWS 06s. It improved the ride immensely. No such problem with the G. I'll need to get A/S tires before winter though. I think I am going to hate the small gas tank. Range on the Q was between 400 and 450 miles. I got into my brand new G with its full gas tank and saw the range was under 300. Ugh. More of a mental thing than anything, but still a pain in the ass to go to the gas station more.

At this point, not much more to add. I'm sure I'll come up with something in the future. I don't think I'll need to or want to tune this car. It is almost perfect as it is.

Bill
The Q60 is not quicker. You have it tuned. If you are going to go that route...compare tuned to tuned. My JB4 G70 is a 4 second car.

The G70 handling is superior to the Q50/Q60.

Cassman34

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Perhaps I should have been clearer: MY Q60 was faster. When I said THE Q60, I meant MINE. Since my butt was judging both. I said the suspension is a hair better in the G70. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not about to get into a pissing match with you.

If this is representative of this forum (and I doubt that it is), I'll probably just refrain from participating in the future.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats on the car. The tank size is one of my biggest issues. I hate filling up every 4-5 days.

And I think ultimately you made a good upgrade. Get a tune and the G70 should be better in about every way but the fuel tank size.

When I looked at the Q50RS before I bought my G70, the dated tech bothered me the most in the Q50. No HUD, wireless charging, heated back seats, USB in the rear, cooled front seats, andriod auto/apple car play, etc. Straight line was good, but handling and transmission seemed better to me in the G70.

Either way enjoy! Good to see all the people that come over from established competitors. Not just Hyundai fans. :)

Cassman34

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats on the car. The tank size is one of my biggest issues. I hate filling up every 4-5 days.

And I think ultimately you made a good upgrade. Get a tune and the G70 should be better in about every way but the fuel tank size.

When I looked at the Q50RS before I bought my G70, the dated tech bothered me the most in the Q50. No HUD, wireless charging, heated back seats, USB in the rear, cooled front seats, andriod auto/apple car play, etc. Straight line was good, but handling and transmission seemed better to me in the G70.

Either way enjoy! Good to see all the people that come over from established competitors. Not just Hyundai fans. :)
Thanks! I know I made a good upgrade. I absolutely love this car (except the gas tank), lol.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't think I'll need to or want to tune this car.
Lol yes you will. The bug will catch you soon enough. It's slowly biting my ass too.

Perhaps I should have been clearer: MY Q60 was faster. When I said THE Q60, I meant MINE. Since my butt was judging both. I said the suspension is a hair better in the G70. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not about to get into a pissing match with you.

If this is representative of this forum (and I doubt that it is), I'll probably just refrain from participating in the future.
Some of us are very particular about things at times (myself included), but you'll generally find a welcoming/helpful environment. @Beefer is just rather blunt with his words. He means well...I think...

Congrats on the new car! Break it in and then drive the piss out of it. As the average on your gas mileage increases, the tank will recalculate your miles to empty. I think 350 should be about right, unless you drive very aggressively or solely city driving

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Na, stick with us! All good people here. Beef states his opinion and if wrong will concede without problem. He's a good guy!

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Hang in there - good comments, some owners more protective of Genny than others but I find a lot of useful stuff here. And good answers to my questions.

G-191425

Lol yes you will. The bug will catch you soon enough. It's slowly biting my ass too.

Some of us are very particular about things at times (myself included), but you'll generally find a welcoming/helpful environment. @Beefer is just rather blunt with his words. He means well...I think...

Congrats on the new car! Break it in and then drive the piss out of it. As the average on your gas mileage increases, the tank will recalculate your miles to empty. I think 350 should be about right, unless you drive very aggressively or solely city driving
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I probably should have responded differently to beefer. All in good fun. I do love this car and I'm glad to be here. As for tuning... I. Must. Avoid. The. Temptation...

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Not sure why you are getting all upset. You made a generic post regarding the Infiniti...and I replied back with some corrections.

We are both entitled to our opinions...but there are also facts. It has been well documented that the Infiniti handling/suspension is not good.

Congrats on the ride...and start saving for a JB4 (trust me...you'll want it) :)

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure why you are getting all upset. You made a generic post regarding the Infiniti...and I replied back with some corrections.

We are both entitled to our opinions...but there are also facts. It has been well documented that the Infiniti handling/suspension is not good.

Congrats on the ride...and start saving for a JB4 (trust me...you'll want it) :)
I think you misinterpreted his words to begin with. (hence the feeling of being attacked) Also, handling is a bit subjective. If you're not pushing the limits, you really wouldn't be able to feel the nuances of handling. The steering is pretty damn heavy in a G70 compared to Infiniti (especially with the dynamic steering). It can play a large factor in how people feel a car handles

G-917794

Congrats on the ride...and start saving for a JB4 (trust me...you'll want it)
It's all good. Looking back on it, I overreacted a bit.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I probably should have responded differently to beefer. All in good fun. I do love this car and I'm glad to be here. As for tuning... I. Must. Avoid. The. Temptation...
Most of us got what you said so don’t worry about it! I had the same response when i first joined because it was completely different than the forum I was on with my previous car. I got used to it and realized there are different personalities on here and everyone has their own opinion. Welcome aboard and congrats on your new G70!!! It’s a matter of time though before you do something to it!!!! :)